An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is The Hysteria Over The Next President Elect Idol Worship?

add

Is the hysteria over the next president elect Idol worship?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1757509' date='Jan 21 2009, 02:57 AM']well that was a total fail for you. i am a liberal minded, non catholic canadian, i would have voted for Obama given the chance. i think he will do some great things. not in every area, but i dont throw the baby out with the dishwater. the point is, i still somehow find it within me to be courteous and opinion respecting(i think, let me know if i am lying here) to everyone on here with a different opinion.[/quote]

I am absolutely perplexed why you don't defend Obama then. Maybe it's cos you have friends here, and you want to maintain your reputation. Obama the anti-christ? That's not an opinion therefore it doesn't deserve respect.

well, you probably haven't noticed but i do defend that sort of thing. opinions i tend not to mess with too much, but that sort of thing i cant stand.

i dont defend each and everyone though. mainly because i get tired of arguing with brick walls sometimes, been here for two years, i have had my share of unpopular opinions and voicing them, so sometimes i dont bother.

for example, Dominicansoul and i tend to keep disagreeing on whether everyone of Obama's actions is tainted by his approval of abortion. she(?) can't find any good in anything Obama does, while i think that good and evil can coexist in people(frequently) and that acts are independant.
i tend to raise the same points each time this comes up, and same for Dominicansoul. i still respect her opinion, and i am obviously not getting anywhere but that is fine. but why should i do that all the time?

the Obama antichrist junk has been here a while and i have debated it before, mostly it is gone from PM.
its pointless and boring for me sometimes. good enough for you?

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1757514' date='Jan 21 2009, 01:05 AM']Who would wash a baby in dishwater?[/quote]
oops that was a bit of a misquote!

realizing using a baby metaphor in an Obama thread is pretty much asking for the thread being derailed. :annoyed: please dont bother, it wont go anywhere.(not to apo, just ingeneral)

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1757521' date='Jan 21 2009, 01:17 AM']oops that was a bit of a misquote!

realizing using a baby metaphor in an Obama thread is pretty much asking for the thread being derailed. :annoyed: please dont bother, it wont go anywhere.(not to apo, just ingeneral)[/quote]
Yes, because he is for killing the baby before it is born, which means that it will never get to take a bath.

ahhhh! i knew it! :) i was just hoping it wouldnt take over the thread or anything, as these things like to do/.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1757556' date='Jan 21 2009, 05:27 AM']The sanctity of innocent human life and its protection should always be the focus of public policy.[/quote]

It is the purpose of Government, and those that lead it. How can we fully trust any action or judgment of someone who denies the most basic of rights to the most innocent of persons? Even going so far to deny living [b]breathing[/b] children basic medical treatment.

HisChildForever

[quote name='bonkers' post='1757458' date='Jan 21 2009, 01:55 AM']I'm sure you've heard the saying "hate the sin, not the sinner",[/quote]

It's [i]so[/i] annoying when a non-Christian throws Christian lingo at Christians. If you like the expression that much, why not just become one of us? :rolleyes:

I didn't read the thread, so sorry if this was already posted.

I was watching come of the coverage yesterday and was surprised at how much it reminded me of WYD in Toronto. People went just as crazy over the Pope then.

Although I don't believe most were participating in idol worship, I am sure there were some...

[quote name='bonkers' post='1757507' date='Jan 21 2009, 01:54 AM']Hang on, lets work this out together. Abortion is legal. Slavery is illegal.

You win the topsy award once again. :topsy:[/quote]
Are you joking me? This is your argument.
That's ridiculous. Something is right *because* it's legal? Nice. Who wins the topsy award now?
Does that mean slavery used to be perfectly fine, but as soon as they passed the law it became wrong? So they did it just because? How about S. African Apartheid? How about Fundementalist Islamic law in Middle Eastern countries? Is it ok to stone people for a myriad of crimes, since it's legal there? Somehow it's wrong here though. How strange.
Come on, think about things before you say them. This is just verbal diarrhea.

[quote name='prose' post='1757608' date='Jan 21 2009, 10:33 AM']I didn't read the thread, so sorry if this was already posted.

I was watching come of the coverage yesterday and was surprised at how much it reminded me of WYD in Toronto. People went just as crazy over the Pope then.

Although I don't believe most were participating in idol worship, I am sure there were some...[/quote]
WYD in Toronto was not about the Pope, per se, unlike yesterday’s obamafest in Washington. I don’t see the connection.

[quote name='bonkers' post='1757512' date='Jan 21 2009, 01:03 AM']I am absolutely perplexed why you don't defend Obama then. Maybe it's cos you have friends here, and you want to maintain your reputation. Obama the anti-christ? That's not an opinion therefore it doesn't deserve respect.[/quote]

The difference between you and Jesus_lol is, of course, the fact that he's a mature human being who came here to converse and learn, to share and to grow. Whereas you are here to berate and belittle, to force your malformed opinion on us.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1757614' date='Jan 21 2009, 09:55 AM']Are you joking me? This is your argument.
That's ridiculous. Something is right *because* it's legal? Nice. Who wins the topsy award now?
Does that mean slavery used to be perfectly fine, but as soon as they passed the law it became wrong? So they did it just because? How about S. African Apartheid? How about Fundementalist Islamic law in Middle Eastern countries? Is it ok to stone people for a myriad of crimes, since it's legal there? Somehow it's wrong here though. How strange.
Come on, think about things before you say them. This is just verbal diarrhea.[/quote]
Thank you.