An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is The Hysteria Over The Next President Elect Idol Worship?

add

Is the hysteria over the next president elect Idol worship?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1757211' date='Jan 20 2009, 11:10 PM']Actually, it's a nuanced argument, if one understands the nature of idolatry, takes into account the real nature of free will, of man's ability ot understand himself and issues of culpability.[/quote]

I pity you.

[quote name='bonkers' post='1757214' date='Jan 20 2009, 11:11 PM']Ohhh, that clears it all up then. Sorry, I wasn't aware Mary was "preternatural". Yeah, that fully proves your point. Gosh why do I even try. :topsy:[/quote]
You're trying?

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1756755' date='Jan 20 2009, 04:46 PM']i am agreeing with this, bonkers. you seemed like a much nicer guy at first. lose the harsh invective, remember where you are. as a non catholic i am not really on their side with everything, but i am against general inconsideration and rudeness on the board.[/quote]

But you're an Obama hater too aren't you? Your pretending at being a fence sitter is a failure.

[quote name='bonkers' post='1757219' date='Jan 20 2009, 11:16 PM']I pity you.[/quote]
And I you. I mean, I hated middle school. I can't imagine enduring it in this day and age.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1757222' date='Jan 20 2009, 11:17 PM']You're trying?[/quote]

It's a "nuanced" argument man. Gotta get wit da nuances!

[quote name='Winchester' post='1757226' date='Jan 20 2009, 11:18 PM']And I you. I mean, I hated middle school. I can't imagine enduring it in this day and age.[/quote]

Evolution too difficult?

[quote name='bonkers' post='1757235' date='Jan 20 2009, 11:24 PM']It's a "nuanced" argument man. Gotta get wit da nuances![/quote]
Following me is the first step to your greatness. Nice beginning.

Ah... look what happens when I fall for troll bait. Sorry guys, this one's my fault.
Since we're already on the subject though...
Bonkers, when I talk to people, I try to give them the benefit of the doubt. With atheists of course, I'm already prejudiced into thinking that they're all... self righeous you-know-whats who hate theism for the simple fact that they don't want to understand it. To be perfectly honest, my bias is that they're far, far more close minded as the people they think they're far more enlightened than. I automatically form assumptions that they're going to be arrogant jerks who start arguments just because they get some weird pleasure in talking down to us poor stupid masses who still believe in some superstitious illusion that we happened to create ourselves since the dawn of time (but now we don't need that, because all of a sudden in the last hundred years we evolved to a point where we're far too good for that).
I digress though. That was a bit of a rant.
The fact is this seems to be exactly what you are.
You lack originality, you're self righteous, you're the archetypical (sp?) whiny little teenage brat (or whiny adult who never grew up) who hates authority just because of its nature, and rebels against everything because, man, THE MAN isn't going to keep me down any longer!

Find a better place to peddle your drivel. We get enough of it as it is.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1757385' date='Jan 21 2009, 01:52 AM']Ah... look what happens when I fall for troll bait. Sorry guys, this one's my fault.
Since we're already on the subject though...
Bonkers, when I talk to people, I try to give them the benefit of the doubt. With atheists of course, I'm already prejudiced into thinking that they're all... self righeous you-know-whats who hate theism for the simple fact that they don't want to understand it. To be perfectly honest, my bias is that they're far, far more close minded as the people they think they're far more enlightened than. I automatically form assumptions that they're going to be arrogant jerks who start arguments just because they get some weird pleasure in talking down to us poor stupid masses who still believe in some superstitious illusion that we happened to create ourselves since the dawn of time (but now we don't need that, because all of a sudden in the last hundred years we evolved to a point where we're far too good for that).
I digress though. That was a bit of a rant.
The fact is this seems to be exactly what you are.
You lack originality, you're self righteous, you're the archetypical (sp?) whiny little teenage brat (or whiny adult who never grew up) who hates authority just because of its nature, and rebels against everything because, man, THE MAN isn't going to keep me down any longer!

Find a better place to peddle your drivel. We get enough of it as it is.[/quote]

Rant fail. I don't hate theism, I hate the vomit and hate speech you fire at President Obama just because he is pro-choice. Calling him the anti-christ and equating support for him with idol worship is so inconceivably stupid and ridiculous it deserves to be mocked and ridiculed. I am not attacking you as people, or your beliefs, just the hate filled things you say. I'm sure you've heard the saying "hate the sin, not the sinner", but with Pres Obama it's a vicious, mean spirited unjustified attack on his character and the American people. It's immoral. You seem to think as catholics you're immune from any reproach or criticism just because you're Catholic, and therefore everything you say is true and correct and anyone who challenges you must be closed minded, ignorant and self righteous. As long as you continue to contradict yourselves, say stupid things while maintaining this deluded belief that you have monopoly on truth and morals people like me will continue to expose you for your hypocrisy.

[quote name='bonkers' post='1757458' date='Jan 21 2009, 01:55 AM']Rant fail. I don't hate theism, I hate the vomit and hate speech you fire at President Obama just because he is pro-choice.[/quote]Substitute "pro-slavery" and you should see just how idiotic that sentence was.

I wrote this and then I read the end of the rant. People like you expose what, exactly? You're on an internet forum. You don't have a vast audience, you've made no new startling argument and you're accomplishing nothing. While I'm happy to talk in here, I have no illusion that I'm overcoming some vast conspiracy. You're in a forum, not the United Nations. Take a trip to the Total Perspective Vortex, kid.

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Edited by Winchester

[quote name='Winchester' post='1757461' date='Jan 21 2009, 02:58 AM']Substitute "pro-slavery" and you should see just how idiotic that sentence was.[/quote]

Why would black Americans vote to elect a pro-slavery president? :wacko:

[quote name='bonkers' post='1757470' date='Jan 21 2009, 02:03 AM']Why would black Americans vote to elect a pro-slavery president? :wacko:[/quote]
Yeah. That's it. Nail on the head, there.

Someone with saintly patience explain it to him.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1757476' date='Jan 21 2009, 03:08 AM']Yeah. That's it. Nail on the head, there.

Someone with saintly patience explain it to him.[/quote]

Hang on, lets work this out together. Abortion is legal. Slavery is illegal.

You win the topsy award once again. :topsy:

[quote name='bonkers' post='1757223' date='Jan 20 2009, 09:17 PM']But you're an Obama hater too aren't you? Your pretending at being a fence sitter is a failure.[/quote]

well that was a total fail for you. i am a liberal minded, non catholic canadian, i would have voted for Obama given the chance. i think he will do some great things. not in every area, but i dont throw the baby out with the dishwater. the point is, i still somehow find it within me to be courteous and opinion respecting(i think, let me know if i am lying here) to everyone on here with a different opinion.