An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is The Hysteria Over The Next President Elect Idol Worship?

add

Is the hysteria over the next president elect Idol worship?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='bonkers' post='1756404' date='Jan 20 2009, 01:20 PM']lol, as if that would impact your vote. And Palin? She's just a dear isn't she?[/quote]

I thought she was great I wanted her in office.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1756366' date='Jan 20 2009, 12:57 PM']I would like him a whole lot better if he were prolife, but I still don't think he is qualified to be POTUS.[/quote]
I agree he's not ready by a long shot

[quote name='bonkers' post='1756334' date='Jan 20 2009, 09:10 AM']Don't you think it's hypocritical you accuse Americans of idol worshipping Obama when you yourselves pray to a supernatural mother of god who is the queen of heaven who apparently never sinned and has the power to hear prayers and stop abortion?[/quote]

[quote name='bonkers' post='1756404' date='Jan 20 2009, 10:20 AM']lol, as if that would impact your vote. And Palin? She's just a dear isn't she?[/quote]

You need to work on your trolling technique.

HisChildForever

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1756469' date='Jan 20 2009, 12:44 PM']You need to work on your trolling technique.[/quote]

And his interpretation of Catholic doctrine.

[quote name='bonkers' post='1756334' date='Jan 20 2009, 11:10 AM']Don't you think it's hypocritical you accuse Americans of idol worshipping Obama when you yourselves pray to a supernatural mother of god who is the queen of heaven who apparently never sinned and has the power to hear prayers and stop abortion?[/quote]
Natural. She's natural. Angels are preternatural. Only God is supernatural.

Stick to pretend atheism, you're better at it.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='bonkers' post='1756404' date='Jan 20 2009, 01:20 PM']lol, as if that would impact your vote. And Palin? She's just a dear isn't she?[/quote]
If Obama was as prolife as he is proabortion I would have voted for him with no problem. You forget I am a Democrat.

[quote name='bonkers' post='1756334' date='Jan 20 2009, 10:10 AM']Don't you think it's hypocritical you accuse Americans of idol worshipping Obama when you yourselves pray to a supernatural mother of god who is the queen of heaven who apparently never sinned and has the power to hear prayers and stop abortion?[/quote]
I liked you more a few days ago.
You know, when you weren't a jerk.
You make it so hard to not have negative stereotypes of atheists. Honestly, get some perspective.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1756588' date='Jan 20 2009, 02:10 PM']If Obama was as prolife as he is proabortion I would have voted for him with no problem. You forget I am a Democrat.[/quote]
I wouldn't have voted [i]for[/i] him, but probably against the other guy. His other policies are stupid, as well. Even the social policies of the DNC are poorly executed, mostly pandering nincompoopery.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1756693' date='Jan 20 2009, 02:18 PM']bonkers

I liked you more a few days ago.
You make it so hard to not have negative stereotypes of atheists. Honestly, get some perspective.[/quote]

i am agreeing with this, bonkers. you seemed like a much nicer guy at first. lose the harsh invective, remember where you are. as a non catholic i am not really on their side with everything, but i am against general inconsideration and rudeness on the board.

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1756739' date='Jan 20 2009, 04:41 PM']+J.M.J.+
awesome word. :smokey:[/quote]
Yeah, I really enjoyed typing it.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1756693' date='Jan 20 2009, 04:18 PM']I liked you more a few days ago.
You make it so hard to not have negative stereotypes of atheists. Honestly, get some perspective.[/quote]

I'm just defending the man. You make it seem as if most Americans were duped into voting for Obama, you don't respect their intelligence nor their free choice. You only choose to see Obama's bad qualities and when you can't find one you will make one up. You barely acknowledge that he any good characteristics, loves America and wants the best for its people. Obama the anti-christ? Obama worshipping? This tripe deserves ridicule. It's clear bitterness. You would rather Obama fail than have him reduce abortion rates . "Fullness of the truth" my [mod]language - Lil Red[/mod]

:sign:

[quote name='bonkers' post='1757206' date='Jan 20 2009, 11:08 PM']I'm just defending the man. You make it seem as if most Americans were duped into voting for Obama, you don't respect their intelligence nor their free choice. You only choose to see Obama's bad qualities and when you can't find one you will make one up. You barely acknowledge that he any good characteristics, loves America and wants the best for its people. Obama the anti-christ? Obama worshipping? This tripe deserves ridicule. It's clear bitterness. You would rather Obama fail than have him reduce abortion rates . "Fullness of the truth" my [mod]language - Lil Red[/mod].

:sign:[/quote]
Actually, it's a nuanced argument, if one understands the nature of idolatry, takes into account the real nature of free will, of man's ability ot understand himself and issues of culpability.

But keep telling yourself the religious are simple; perhaps it makes pretending to believe in oblivion more palatable.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1756558' date='Jan 20 2009, 01:36 PM']Natural. She's natural. Angels are preternatural. Only God is supernatural.

Stick to pretend atheism, you're better at it.[/quote]

Ohhh, that clears it all up then. Sorry, I wasn't aware Mary was "preternatural". Yeah, that fully proves your point. Gosh why do I even try. :topsy: