An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is The Hysteria Over The Next President Elect Idol Worship?

add

Is the hysteria over the next president elect Idol worship?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1755371' date='Jan 19 2009, 01:17 PM']He's not against abortion. As far as anyone else here is concerned, that makes him the anti-christ.[/quote]
You're right about one thing:
some people say he's the anti-Christ.
I disagree entirely, but on the other hand, abortion is pretty disgusting in and of itself.

[quote name='Galloglasses' Alt' post='1755453' date='Jan 19 2009, 02:07 PM']Politicians in europe aren't bashed and criticised ENOUGH.

At least not when they're Eurocrats.[/quote]
Yea, aren't they all about 'compromise' in Europe? Or am I thinking Scandinavia?
Anyway, how boring. Fight it out.

the guy is a celebrity. WHOOPEE!
they think he's going to save the world. PRAISE HIM!
Bush was such a bad president in their eyes--and yet, they don't seem to remember that REGARDLESS of whether Bush or Gore had won, 9/11 still would have happened.

as soon as the media begins to ridicule Obama for not following through on his big "PLAN" to save America, the voters will follow.

[quote name='ilovechrist' post='1756161' date='Jan 19 2009, 11:52 PM']the guy is a celebrity. WHOOPEE!
Bush was such a bad president in their eyes--and yet, they don't seem to remember that REGARDLESS of whether Bush or Gore had won, 9/11 still would have happened.

as soon as the media begins to ridicule Obama for not following through on his big "PLAN" to save America, the voters will follow.[/quote]
Sooner rather than later would be nice.
After those extra troops get to Afghanistan though. That's one thing I'm actually looking foward to.

many idolize Obama, since they lack true worship of God. If one does not worship God, there will be a counterpoint worship or religion, such as a person, or a cause such as enviornmentalism, or a vice such as lust, or money or power.

[quote name='kafka' post='1756186' date='Jan 20 2009, 01:39 AM']many idolize Obama, since they lack true worship of God. If one does not worship God, there will be a counterpoint worship or religion, such as a person, or a cause such as enviornmentalism, or a vice such as lust, or money or power.[/quote]
And if one is not truly humble and meek, they will not see or admit the true horror, and abomination of abortion.

The blind themselves.

[quote name='ilovechrist' post='1756161' date='Jan 19 2009, 10:52 PM']the guy is a celebrity. WHOOPEE!

as soon as the media begins to ridicule Obama for not following through on his big "PLAN" to save America, the voters will follow.[/quote]

yeah, it was the stuff that happened after 9/11 that was the big problem with the bush administration,(though they did turn out to have had some prior warning about an al queda attack, should have taken that seriously)
Afghanistan, the world supported Bush on, it was the "while i am here, lets go into Iraq" thing that pissed everyone off, and all the continueing fallout from that. not to mention the current congress and administration made some pretty big mistakes with regulations and kind of ushered in a new recession.

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1755371' date='Jan 19 2009, 02:17 PM']He's not against abortion. As far as anyone else here is concerned, that makes him the anti-christ.[/quote]
I reckon to fetuses, abortion's pretty scary.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1756218' date='Jan 20 2009, 02:03 AM']yeah, it was the stuff that happened after 9/11 that was the big problem with the bush administration,(though they did turn out to have had some prior warning about an al queda attack, should have taken that seriously)
Afghanistan, the world supported Bush on, it was the "while i am here, lets go into Iraq" thing that pissed everyone off, and all the continueing fallout from that. not to mention the current congress and administration made some pretty big mistakes with regulations and kind of ushered in a new recession.[/quote]
Yes, we have to be certain not to confuse the two issues of Iraq and Afghanistan. They're just that; two issues. About as different as two armed conflicts can be.
I'm 100% supportive of the war in Afghanistan, and not particularly well informed on Iraq, but I've heard a lot of reasons that the Iraq war should not have happened.

Don't you think it's hypocritical you accuse Americans of idol worshipping Obama when you yourselves pray to a supernatural mother of god who is the queen of heaven who apparently never sinned and has the power to hear prayers and stop abortion?

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='bonkers' post='1756335' date='Jan 20 2009, 12:13 PM']What if Obama were pro-life? It would cease to be worship wouldn't it, it would be respect or something? You guys are deluded.[/quote]
I would like him a whole lot better if he were prolife, but I still don't think he is qualified to be POTUS.

[quote name='bonkers' post='1756335' date='Jan 20 2009, 12:13 PM']What if Obama were pro-life? It would cease to be worship wouldn't it, it would be respect or something? You guys are deluded.[/quote]
I may be deluded for my belief in the sanctity of mankind, for my belief that embryos are endowed with the spark of humanity at the moment of conception and that the unborn are just as sacred as you or I.
What if I’m correct in my belief, what if.