An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is The Hysteria Over The Next President Elect Idol Worship?

add

Is the hysteria over the next president elect Idol worship?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='bonkers' post='1754713' date='Jan 18 2009, 08:25 PM']Stop being hebetudinous.[/quote]
I had to look it up. Good one. Your spelling bee training is paying off.

eagle_eye222001

They have already renamed one of the streets in St. Louis in his honor. :maddest: :madrant: :thumbdown: :scratchhead: :shock: :sick: :furious:

[url="http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/985518.html"]http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_ne...ory/985518.html[/url]

I would say that not all the hysteria is idol worship but some of it is.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1754666' date='Jan 18 2009, 07:01 PM']So when I don't htink about it, he's not nice?

I am powerful.[/quote]
Better safe than sorry.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1754658' date='Jan 18 2009, 05:56 PM']I'd like to have dinner with him. I don't feel he is a bad person. Plenty of good people believe stupid garbage.[/quote]

yeah he seems like a righteous dude. :hippie: dinner would be fun, rather take him out snowboarding or something.

if one of the presidential nominees had posted a real picture of them shredding up the mountain, or airing a huge flip, they would probably have won by a landslide.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='jkaands' post='1754372' date='Jan 18 2009, 02:11 PM']I think that people's feelings about Obama can be summarized as the platform he ran on: "HOPE AND CHANGE".

--Hope for a better president and presidency than the previous catastrophic 8 years, which got us into two wars, one which Bush lied us into starting, spending hundreds of billions of dollars on, which killed and maimed tens of thousands of Americans, hundreds of thousands of Iraqis, which we didn't win; NOT finding bin Laden; and not engaging sufficiently in the second war, in Afghanistan, where the real enemy lies; deregulating the economy, to 'bring on' a MAJOR depression, the worst since the Great Depression, and one which may eventually rival it; turning a [i]billion dollar surplus[/i] (under Clinton) in domestic spending into a [i]trillion dollar deficit[/i] , let alone the skyrocketing [i]trade[/i] deficit and our plummeting standing in the world, which is probably irreparably damaged.

In view of all of this, people in the US don't hope much for Obama. Just a second chance at regaining our preeminence in the world and new leadership to recover after one of the worst and [i]most catastrophi[/i]c presidencies in our history.[/quote]
So which major network are you parroting?

I heard on the news this weekend that the "Obama Bubble" is gonna be the next one to pop. I think it was on ABC News.

The problem with being so popular is that once you disappoint those incredibly high expectations, you're prolly going to get a lot of hate ... people can be really mean when they're crestfallen.

[quote name='Lilllabettt' post='1755203' date='Jan 19 2009, 09:24 AM']I heard on the news this weekend that the "Obama Bubble" is gonna be the next one to pop. I think it was on ABC News.

The problem with being so popular is that once you disappoint those incredibly high expectations, you're prolly going to get a lot of hate ... people can be really mean when they're crestfallen.[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
especially liberals. :unsure:

"HOPE AND CHANGE

I hope the change isn’t Menopause, metaphorically speaking.
Every time I hear the phrase “change” by the Obama people, I think of the “change of life” or Menopause.

:biglol:

I don't know how it is like over there in the US but here in Europe things seem different. Obama is seen more as a historical comeback rather than an idol. In Europe, politicians are rarely idolised. On the contrary, their image is always bashed and criticised. However, seeing such a dynamic, charismatic young man at the lead of the world's most important nation is something electrifying especially considering the fact that what goes on in the US effects the world's economy. Anyway, I think that all those who lived the Martin Luther King days are proud to see Obama in office. At least there is hope that people do really have a say.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='liturgos' post='1755303' date='Jan 19 2009, 02:17 PM']I don't know how it is like over there in the US but here in Europe things seem different. Obama is seen more as a historical comeback rather than an idol. In Europe, politicians are rarely idolised. On the contrary, their image is always bashed and criticised. However, seeing such a dynamic, charismatic young man at the lead of the world's most important nation is something electrifying especially considering the fact that what goes on in the US effects the world's economy. Anyway, I think that all those who lived the Martin Luther King days are proud to see Obama in office. At least there is hope that people do really have a say.[/quote]
I lived in the Martin Luther King days, and I am certainly not proud, because I really do believe "that the content of your character is more important than the color of your skin".

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1755305' date='Jan 19 2009, 08:21 PM']I lived in the Martin Luther King days, and I am certainly not proud, because I really do believe "that the content of your character is more important than the color of your skin".[/quote]

What do you mean? What is wrong with Obama? I am not much into American politics, mind you. I am just stating what is seen at face value from outside.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='liturgos' post='1755307' date='Jan 19 2009, 02:27 PM']What do you mean? What is wrong with Obama? I am not much into American politics, mind you. I am just stating what is seen at face value from outside.[/quote]
Read some of the threads on the political board.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='liturgos' post='1755307' date='Jan 19 2009, 12:27 PM']What do you mean? What is wrong with Obama? I am not much into American politics, mind you. I am just stating what is seen at face value from outside.[/quote]
He's not against abortion. As far as anyone else here is concerned, that makes him the anti-christ.

[quote name='liturgos' post='1755303' date='Jan 19 2009, 02:17 PM']In Europe, politicians are rarely idolised. On the contrary, their image is always bashed and criticised.[/quote]
same here, except for obama. that's what is so strange.