An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is The Hysteria Over The Next President Elect Idol Worship?

add

Is the hysteria over the next president elect Idol worship?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='jkaands' post='1754372' date='Jan 18 2009, 02:11 PM']--Hope for a better president and presidency than the previous catastrophic 8 years, which got us into two wars, one which Bush lied us into starting, spending hundreds of billions of dollars on, which killed and maimed tens of thousands of Americans, hundreds of thousands of Iraqis, which we didn't win; NOT finding bin Laden; and not engaging sufficiently in the second war, in Afghanistan, where the real enemy lies; deregulating the economy, to 'bring on' a MAJOR depression, the worst since the Great Depression, and one which may eventually rival it; [b]turning a [i]billion dollar surplus[/i] (under Clinton) in domestic spending into a [i]trillion dollar deficit[/i][/b] . . .[/quote]
This is in contrast to the thrifty and frugal spending policies of Barrack Obama? :rolleyes:

People who've not read a single page of the Pentagon report on Iraq probably shouldn't speculate on the current war or the reasons for entering the war. The media dumbed it down and made it a single issue.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1777329' date='Feb 9 2009, 10:30 PM']People who've not read a single page of the Pentagon report on Iraq probably shouldn't speculate on the current war or the reasons for entering the war.[/quote]

If that's the one I'm thinking of the parts I read were interesting. I never knew he funded Kurdish terrorists to attack Kurdish communist party headquarters (not that I knew there were active communist parties in the region in the first place :unsure: ), or a lot of the nuances of the political situation of the region. Wh

. [quote]The media dumbed it down and made it a single issue.[/quote]

That doesn't sound like the media I know :detective:

Edited by Hassan

[quote name='Winchester' post='1777329' date='Feb 9 2009, 08:30 PM']People who've not read a single page of the Pentagon report on Iraq probably shouldn't speculate on the current war or the reasons for entering the war. The media dumbed it down and made it a single issue.[/quote]
You mean you greedy Americans aren't looting and pillaging all the Iraqi oil with the flimsy and transparent excuse of "weapons of mass destruction" to divert attention?!?!!???!1/!!/!?!!?!1!!/!?@?!?!!?

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1777450' date='Feb 9 2009, 11:49 PM']You mean you greedy Americans aren't looting and pillaging all the Iraqi oil with the flimsy and transparent excuse of "weapons of mass destruction" to divert attention?!?!!???!1/!!/!?!!?!1!!/!?@?!?!!?[/quote]

I don't think any serious person thinks that. That does not mean that oil and the geopolitical reality of Iraq's role in the world oil supply was not a consideration, which I think more people advocating your position would suggust. I believe Alen Greenspan wrote about this briefly in his book.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1777464' date='Feb 9 2009, 09:58 PM']I don't think any serious person thinks that. That does not mean that oil and the geopolitical reality of Iraq's role in the world oil supply was not a consideration, which I think more people advocating your position would suggust. I believe Alen Greenspan wrote about this briefly in his book.[/quote]
Actually I know people that believe that, just because that's what they hear and they don't even think to question.
We are Canadian, so it's not as intimate a problem... but still. How ignorant.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1777464' date='Feb 9 2009, 08:58 PM']I don't think any serious person thinks that. That does not mean that oil and the geopolitical reality of Iraq's role in the world oil supply was not a consideration, which I think more people advocating your position would suggust. I believe Alen Greenspan wrote about this briefly in his book.[/quote]

I know people who think that. It's scary--they're otherwise half-way intelligent people.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1777618' date='Feb 10 2009, 12:58 AM']Unless it is a response to invasion, no nation goes to war for one reason.[/quote]

It's almost like you're saying these geopolitical events are complex phenomena not reducible to simple, one dimensional explinations :unsure:

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1777807' date='Feb 10 2009, 09:11 AM']I know people who think that. It's scary--they're otherwise half-way intelligent people.[/quote]

Probably the same clever ducks who saw that 9/11 was obviously a fraud :detective:

[quote name='Hassan' post='1778465' date='Feb 10 2009, 09:03 PM']It's almost like you're saying these geopolitical events are complex phenomena not reducible to simple, one dimensional explinations :unsure:[/quote]
[img]http://static0.shopify.com/s/files/1/0019/1182/products/prof-meta_medium.jpg[/img]

From Wondermark...

[quote name='picchick' post='1777951' date='Feb 10 2009, 01:41 PM']Is this thread contributing to the hysteria that is causing idol worship to President Obama?[/quote]
The overall comments expressed on this tread are far from idolism.

BTW; Isn’t BO’s narcissism is absolutely stunning.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1778465' date='Feb 10 2009, 10:03 PM']It's almost like you're saying these geopolitical events are complex phenomena not reducible to simple, one dimensional explinations :unsure:[/quote]
Well there goes the media.