An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is The Hysteria Over The Next President Elect Idol Worship?

add

Is the hysteria over the next president elect Idol worship?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='jkaands' post='1771863' date='Feb 4 2009, 10:46 AM']You're unhappy (I would call it petulant and spiteful) because [i]you[/i] didn't vote for him and he got elected anyway![/quote]
If I didn't have a point, I'd use personal attacks as well.

[quote name='jkaands' post='1771863' date='Feb 4 2009, 11:46 AM']Other Americans have admired their presidents in the extreme. Washington, Lincoln and FDR were 'worshipped' by the populace. Lincoln was virtually sainted after his assassination.[/quote]
All the above were Admired, I wouldn’t say worshiped is really the correct vernacular, anyway said fame accrued only after a lifetime of great achievements
What is odd about OB-(one) is the grandeur his accolades and adoration before he has accomplished anything other that winning an election.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1771867' date='Feb 4 2009, 10:52 AM']If I didn't have a point, I'd use personal attacks as well.[/quote]

"Obam[i][/i]a's selection of suits is sub-par." OOOOOOOOooooooh

[quote name='apparently' post='1772155' date='Feb 4 2009, 05:00 PM']All the above were Admired, I wouldn’t say worshiped is really the correct vernacular, anyway said fame accrued only after a lifetime of great achievements
What is odd about OB-(one) is the grandeur his accolades and adoration before he has accomplished anything other that winning an election.[/quote]

This is what most disturbs me in all honesty. And really, I think it is only to his disadvantage. No one is good enough to measure up to those standards and accolades they've inaccurately attributed to the man.

[quote name='Veridicus' post='1772190' date='Feb 4 2009, 05:29 PM']"Obam[i][/i]a's selection of suits is sub-par." OOOOOOOOooooooh[/quote]
Actually, he's pretty snazzy. Wife's hot, too. But not as much as Laura.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1772193' date='Feb 4 2009, 05:32 PM']Actually, he's pretty snazzy. Wife's hot, too. But not as much as Laura.[/quote]

I guess that states all I need to know about your tastes... ^_^

[quote name='Veridicus' post='1772209' date='Feb 4 2009, 05:46 PM']I guess that states all I need to know about your tastes... ^_^[/quote]
Not really. It's complex.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1772214' date='Feb 4 2009, 04:53 PM']Not really. It's complex.[/quote]
Most guys look good in a good suit. I love 'em, would wear one every day if I could.
Unfortunately I'm in highschool. That would be odd.
I still get away with a suit jacket once a week or so.

A major difference between Obama's idol worship and the 'worship' of Lincoln, FDR, and whoever else was mentioned, is that they 'earned' (obviously that's debatable, but not relevant right now) that admiration through what they did.
The be honest, Obama has done very little so far.
What we're finding frightening is that all of this praise is being heaped upon him for words, and nothing more. Nothing to back it up.
Don't derail my point by talking about what he has done. Comparatively, it's nothing so far. Also irrelevant.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1775789' date='Feb 8 2009, 08:52 AM']If he doesn't produce great and amazing results, the backlasha nd backstabbing will be horrendous.[/quote]
...and we'll all take a bit of vindictive pleasure in it....... :P

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1772530' date='Feb 4 2009, 11:10 PM']Most guys look good in a good suit. I love 'em, would wear one every day if I could.
Unfortunately I'm in highschool. That would be odd.
I still get away with a suit jacket once a week or so.

A major difference between Obama's idol worship and the 'worship' of Lincoln, FDR, and whoever else was mentioned, is that they 'earned' (obviously that's debatable, but not relevant right now) that admiration through what they did.
The be honest, Obama has done very little so far.
What we're finding frightening is that all of this praise is being heaped upon him for words, and nothing more. Nothing to back it up.
Don't derail my point by talking about what he has done. Comparatively, it's nothing so far. Also irrelevant.[/quote]

Oh come on Nihil....he served in state politics for a few years AND voted "Present" for an [i]entire [/i]3 months in the US Senate before beginning his Presidential Campaign.... :saint:

[quote name='Veridicus' post='1776020' date='Feb 8 2009, 03:45 PM']Oh come on Nihil....he served in state politics for a few years AND voted "Present" for an [i]entire [/i]3 months in the US Senate before beginning his Presidential Campaign.... :saint:[/quote]
How silly of me to forget. :) Obviously he's the single most distinguished politician in America. ;) :))

What is IS, if we can judge by his 'extensive' voting record, is that he is easily one of the most liberal politicians in America.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1776009' date='Feb 8 2009, 05:39 PM']...and we'll all take a bit of vindictive pleasure in it....... :P[/quote]
I am thinking of far more serious internal and external responses.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1776349' date='Feb 8 2009, 08:34 PM']I am thinking of far more serious internal and external responses.[/quote]
Don't understand what you mean. :P