An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mary Messages

dairygirl4u2c

dairygirl4u2c

does anyone know how it's possible that such long messages from mary could be remember/relayed to the public, given it's merely kids who receive the messages?

i asked a woman associated with a local apparition (which i think is false), and she said it's often cause the visionaries are given segments at a time. i think she said something about receiving them in loctions when writing or relaying them etc.
i don't know how this is possible given the apparitions are often done in public. other than the locution thing. but that locution thing is unheard of and suspect.

i'm asking not just about hte local one, but all apparitions.

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

I've always wondered the same thing, except about the great prophets. I'm certain that I'm not a prophet, cause if God were to talk to me, I'd go to write it down and forget most of it.
They next commandments would involve something about pingpong and microwaves.

dairygirl4u2c

"especially given that it's merely kids" is what i should say.

most people, by far, could not remember those messages. i'd venture only prodigies andor geniuses could.

perhaps they're just paraphrases that are prettied up. but still, that seems suspicious since it's not so well known etc, and protrayed to be authentic verbatim etc.
and no one knows or at least talks about this issue.

Think about what you are asking.

If God gives a message to the prophets, do you think he is able to impress it upon their hearts?

If Mary appears to a child, do you think the memory would be etched in their mind?

Yes, if someone tells me a story, I'm likely to remember the gist of it but maybe forget some details. But a child is more likely to remember things precisely, blow by blow, and not be able to summarize the conversation. Add to that the shear novelty of what we are talking about, and it is going to lodge in your memory. Consider this account from Fatima:

[quote]Lucia relates that as the Lady pronounced these words, she opened her hands, and

[indent]we were bathed in a heavenly light that appeared to come directly from her hands. The light's reality cut into our hearts and our souls, and we knew somehow that this light was God, and we could see ourselves embraced in it. By an interior impulse of grace we fell to our knees, repeating in our hearts: "Oh, Holy Trinity, we adore You. My God, my God, I love You in the Blessed Sacrament."[/indent][/quote]

The conversations from Fatima don't seem all that long and complicated. They start out as a basic question-and-answer about who is going to heaven, and Mary gives the children various instructions. I don't know which visions you're referring to, but in the case of Fatima, it doesn't seem that remarkable that they would remember what they saw and heard.

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1754035' date='Jan 17 2009, 08:57 PM']does anyone know how it's possible that such long messages from mary could be remember/relayed to the public, given it's merely kids who receive the messages?

i asked a woman associated with a local apparition (which i think is false), and she said it's often cause the visionaries are given segments at a time. i think she said something about receiving them in loctions when writing or relaying them etc.
i don't know how this is possible given the apparitions are often done in public. other than the locution thing. but that locution thing is unheard of and suspect.

i'm asking not just about hte local one, but all apparitions.[/quote]

Just got back from Medjugorje, and I have to say that I had been wondering this, too. We stayed with Mirjana, one of the visionaries, and she will be coming to Chicago sometime in April. I'll ask her about it if I get the chance in April.

[quote name='MithLuin' post='1754155' date='Jan 18 2009, 12:21 AM']Think about what you are asking.

If God gives a message to the prophets, do you think he is able to impress it upon their hearts?

If Mary appears to a child, do you think the memory would be etched in their mind?[/quote]

... but, I suspect that this is the answer she will give me.