An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Foca Is Like A Nuclear Bomb

dairygirl4u2c

[quote name='Sirklawd' post='1752074' date='Jan 15 2009, 04:24 PM']Alot of it is ideological. These people have determined that sexual freedom is a natural freedom and a right that needs to be recognized by the government. Only for them sexual freedom means sexual irresponsibility. They also believe that such rights, as just defined, have been denied to women for the longest time while men, for the most part, have full enjoyed them (partly by government, and partly by the way nature made man).

in short: they are eff'd and need a real hug by real men.[/quote]

[quote name='kujo' post='1752163' date='Jan 15 2009, 05:39 PM']This comment is so sexist and absurd that I will not even dignify the rest of your post with a response.

WOW![/quote]

Calm down, the 'in short' was clearly a joke. The point was that radical feminists want the sexual 'freedom' that they have seen the vast majority of men enjoy for basically ever. And a huge amount of people (men and women) have been duped into believing that this sort of 'irresponsibility' is a natural human right. Men can have sex without having a baby, to be equal, women should have the exact same 'freedom'

Guess what? they are wrong. You better sit down for this one - In truth men have babies too. Just because the baby is inside the woman doesn't make it any less the man's responsibility. Did I just break your world? If not, thats awesome, join the fight - because that thought does break everyone else's world.

But, you say, men dont naturally take up this responsibility! That's true. It takes a strong man to be selfless and to own up to the responsibility of sex. It takes a strong man to be a father, to show true selfless love, to hug his wife.

am i still being sexist? if so, the world is sexist because this is true.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1749984' date='Jan 13 2009, 12:51 AM']Emphasis my own.
This is perhaps the single most ridiculous quote I've heard this week.
Hate to break it to whoever said that, but it's like saying that prisons are "at worst an anti-crime absolutism." Yea, that's ridiculous too.[/quote]

What'sw the matter with being absolutely against abortion anyways?

[quote name='Sirklawd' post='1752870' date='Jan 16 2009, 11:38 AM']Calm down, the 'in short' was clearly a joke. The point was that radical feminists want the sexual 'freedom' that they have seen the vast majority of men enjoy for basically ever. And a huge amount of people (men and women) have been duped into believing that this sort of 'irresponsibility' is a natural human right. Men can have sex without having a baby, to be equal, women should have the exact same 'freedom'

Guess what? they are wrong. You better sit down for this one - In truth men have babies too. Just because the baby is inside the woman doesn't make it any less the man's responsibility. Did I just break your world? If not, thats awesome, join the fight - because that thought does break everyone else's world.

But, you say, men dont naturally take up this responsibility! That's true. It takes a strong man to be selfless and to own up to the responsibility of sex. It takes a strong man to be a father, to show true selfless love, to hug his wife.

am i still being sexist? if so, the world is sexist because this is true.[/quote]

First off, your "in short" was not CLEARLY a joke, or at least not clear to me. And don't speak in such a condescending tone to me. Don't presume to know me or my views on anything other than the select words I type on Phatmass.

Anyway, as far as the rest of your post, I believe JP2 said this stuff better than I ever could in ToB.

[quote name='kujo' post='1752937' date='Jan 16 2009, 02:15 PM']First off, your "in short" was not CLEARLY a joke, or at least not clear to me. And don't speak in such a condescending tone to me. Don't presume to know me or my views on anything other than the select words I type on Phatmass.

Anyway, as far as the rest of your post, I believe JP2 said this stuff better than I ever could in ToB.[/quote]

I apologized for presuming to know what you are thinking, but you interpreted what I wrote as sexist without any explanation or any counter arguments. This forced me to guess your point of view.

And just to clear things up, was your original post about Obama and Foca sarcasm? I just now noticed that you proudly display that you 'did NOT vote for Obama', and this makes me confused because you displayed an awful lot of hope in him in that first post.

quote: "This good will reached across party lines to a more honest part of us, because, quite frankly, we need him to succeed, at least in part. The alternative would be more jobs being lost, more economic downturn and more bailouts."

but maybe you were just being sarcastic and it totally flew over my head. In which case, I'm sorry about the stuff I wrote about Obama. You can ignore it...even though you already were.

Edited by Sirklawd

dominicansoul

the truth is, everything that FOCA defines, is pretty much happening already in this great country of ours. obama just wants to solidify and make abortion on demand even stronger with this act of his...

...so, it's not a nuclear bomb waiting to go off, it's been exploding over and over for more than 30 years.....

Edited by dominicansoul

[quote name='Didacus' post='1752889' date='Jan 16 2009, 10:33 AM']What'sw the matter with being absolutely against abortion anyways?[/quote]
Just to be clear, we're in agreement, eh? :)

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1753427' date='Jan 16 2009, 11:53 PM']Just to be clear, we're in agreement, eh? :)[/quote]

I believe so my friend. But what is wrong with it if anything?

I think I'm absolutely against all abortions myself. Actually, pretty gosh darn sure of it.

[quote name='Sirklawd' post='1753007' date='Jan 16 2009, 03:58 PM']I apologized for presuming to know what you are thinking, but you interpreted what I wrote as sexist without any explanation or any counter arguments. This forced me to guess your point of view.

And just to clear things up, was your original post about Obama and Foca sarcasm? I just now noticed that you proudly display that you 'did NOT vote for Obama', and this makes me confused because you displayed an awful lot of hope in him in that first post.

quote: "This good will reached across party lines to a more honest part of us, because, quite frankly, we need him to succeed, at least in part. The alternative would be more jobs being lost, more economic downturn and more bailouts."

but maybe you were just being sarcastic and it totally flew over my head. In which case, I'm sorry about the stuff I wrote about Obama. You can ignore it...even though you already were.[/quote]

I don't have hope in Obama. I just hope that we can get these things done. I hope he does what he says he is gonna do....work hard to re-right this ship. And I really don't see any problem with that.

No sarcasm.