Euthanasia
Fairness Doctrine
Nationalized automotive industry
Nationalized banking industry
Nationalized energy
Nationalized steel industry
Universal health care

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='apparently' post='1742051' date='Jan 3 2009, 04:31 PM']What’s next?
Abortion on demand
Anarchy
Euthanasia
Fairness Doctrine
Nationalized automotive industry
Nationalized banking industry
Nationalized energy
Nationalized steel industry
Universal health care[/quote]
I have no problem with universal health care. People have a right not to lose everything they own because they get sick.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1742055' date='Jan 3 2009, 03:03 PM']I have no problem with universal health care. People have a right not to lose everything they own because they get sick.[/quote]

Why is it when I say the same thing, I get jumped on as being a pinko communist?

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1742138' date='Jan 3 2009, 07:48 PM']Why is it when I say the same thing, I get jumped on as being a pinko communist?[/quote]
No clue.

What I am opposed to is the federalization of the medical system. The federal government should stay out of it, because in the end a federal takeover of the medical system will bankrupt the country and destroy the medical system at the same time.

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1742171' date='Jan 3 2009, 08:15 PM']What I am opposed to is the federalization of the medical system. The federal government should stay out of it, because in the end a federal takeover of the medical system will bankrupt the country and destroy the medical system at the same time.[/quote]

[i]Although the French system faces many challenges, the World Health Organization rated it the best in the world in 2001 because of its universal coverage, responsive healthcare providers, patient and provider freedoms, and the health and longevity of the country's population. The United States ranked 37[/i]

[url="http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2007/08/11/frances_model_healthcare_system/"]http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial...lthcare_system/[/url]

Saint Therese

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1742055' date='Jan 3 2009, 04:03 PM']I have no problem with universal health care. People have a right not to lose everything they own because they get sick.[/quote]

The solution to that is not universa health care but gettign the gov't OUT of the process.
Also, if we had universal health care we would have no choices. AND it would probably make abortion even more widespread.

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1742174' date='Jan 3 2009, 08:18 PM']The solution to that is not universa health care but gettign the gov't OUT of the process.
Also, if we had universal health care we would have no choices. AND it would probably make abortion even more widespread.[/quote]

That's just not true.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1742173' date='Jan 3 2009, 05:18 PM'][i]Although the French system faces many challenges, the World Health Organization rated it the best in the world in 2001 because of its universal coverage, responsive healthcare providers, patient and provider freedoms, and the health and longevity of the country's population. The United States ranked 37[/i]

[url="http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2007/08/11/frances_model_healthcare_system/"]http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial...lthcare_system/[/url][/quote]
Yes, and that is why people come from all over the world to have operations in the United States.

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1742182' date='Jan 3 2009, 08:22 PM']Yes, and that is why people come from all over the world to have operations in the United States.[/quote]

Sure, what does the WHO know about health care.

If you have a lot of money American health care can be quite nice, I am curious about exactly how many French come to the US for medical care?

As a friend of mine said, once the federal government takes over the health care system in the United States you will have bureaucrats in Washington D.C. deciding on who lives and dies.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1742192' date='Jan 3 2009, 08:26 PM']As a friend of mine said, once the federal government takes over the health care system in the United States you will have bureaucrats in Washington D.C. deciding on who lives and dies.[/quote]
Well the insurance companies are already doing that, so what else is new. People should not lose every penny they have or spend the rest of their lives paying medical bills when their children get sick. Up until the "housing crisis" most people filed for bankruptcy because of medical bills.

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1742192' date='Jan 3 2009, 08:26 PM']As a friend of mine said, once the federal government takes over the health care system in the United States you will have bureaucrats in Washington D.C. deciding on who lives and dies.[/quote]

It's much better for pharmaceutical and corporations to make that decision indirectly through drug rates and insurance corporations to make that decision directly through coverage.