An Old School Catholic Message Board

Veggie Tales

Mateo el Feo

What do you think of the Veggie Tale products (for consumption by Catholic kids)?  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2J3my3pOIc"][u]The Fall of Farfur[/u][/url]

The link above is to a clip from the children's program "Pioneers of Tomorrow" broadcast on Islamic television. In the clip the Jews (an Israeli agent) murders Farfur, a character that vaguely resembles Mickey Mouse.

[quote name='picchick' post='1539697' date='May 24 2008, 04:14 PM']Um....self-discipline? Moderation is a personal development. I don't know how old your little sister is but maybe she needs help in developing her.

Not to hijack this thread but come on! He can be on all the time but that doesn't mean on a personal level that you cannot practice moderation. I do. I know that when I have something to do then I will do it. But when I have nothing to do I will watch that show. It is perfectly mindless....I will admit. But am I mindless? Am I an idiot?

Wait....don't answer that. :unsure:[/quote]
Most children aren't going to practice "moderation". Furthermore, the level at which people are obsessed with Spongebob would seem to indicate the vast majority of people don't.

I can see this going into the same arguments people get over rap music causing gang violence. One side blames the people actually committing the violence, the other side the rappers themselves. I don't know. I think if the television and music industries didn't just care about the almighty dollar the world would be a better place.

[quote name='Justin86' post='1541431' date='May 25 2008, 09:36 AM']Most children aren't going to practice "moderation". Furthermore, the level at which people are obsessed with Spongebob would seem to indicate the vast majority of people don't.

I can see this going into the same arguments people get over rap music causing gang violence. One side blames the people actually committing the violence, the other side the rappers themselves. I don't know. I think if the television and music industries didn't just care about the almighty dollar the world would be a better place.[/quote]

That is where parents come in....it is not spongebob's fault that parents do not discipline children in moderation. Don't blame Spongebob for the problems of children. :rolleyes:

And I hope you know that I am not seriously debating with you here. I am just protective of my spongebob...and Patrick...and Mr. Krabs...et. al.

yes, the world would be better if people didn't care about money....Do you watch TV Justin?

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1539908' date='May 24 2008, 11:07 AM'][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2J3my3pOIc"][u]The Fall of Farfur[/u][/url]

The link above is to a clip from the children's program "Pioneers of Tomorrow" broadcast on Islamic television. In the clip the Jews (an Israeli agent) murders Farfur, a character that vaguely resembles Mickey Mouse.[/quote]

I think I saw these in another thread. I don't know why I was not surprised. :ohno:

[quote name='picchick' post='1542301' date='May 26 2008, 11:27 AM']I hope you know that I am not seriously debating with you here. I am just protective of my spongebob...and Patrick...and Mr. Krabs...et. al.[/quote]
I've always said that Spongebob and Patrick once had a beautiful, loving relationship until Mr. Krabs came between them, and it met a tragic, itchy end.

[quote name='Justin86' post='1542362' date='May 25 2008, 10:11 PM']I've always said that Spongebob and Patrick once had a beautiful, loving relationship until Mr. Krabs came between them, and it met a tragic, itchy end.[/quote]

I will have to disagree...but I will save that debate for later considering the debate table will not like it.

Here is a thought for you all. Why is it that Catholic shows do not do as well as Veggie Tales?

[quote name='picchick' post='1544818' date='May 27 2008, 09:37 AM']I will have to disagree...but I will save that debate for later considering the debate table will not like it.
Here is a thought for you all. Why is it that Catholic shows do not do as well as Veggie Tales?[/quote]

Does the protestant majority in this country somehow suspect that our Catholic cartoons are really papist propaganda hoping to undermine the social structure of the US to get a president submissive to Rome?????

[quote name='Veridicus' post='1544840' date='May 27 2008, 10:59 AM']Does the protestant majority in this country somehow suspect that our Catholic cartoons are really papist propaganda hoping to undermine the social structure of the US to get a president submissive to Rome?????[/quote]

I am being serious about that question BTW. Not to dampen the mood or nothing but I just thought it interesting. I am not all goofy :P

That might be a thought though. I never thought that Catholics were that scary! Oh I have one idea...I think that they are poorly made. Have you ever seen the CCC videos? They are pretty bad. Great stories but poorly made. I think they did right when they made the video of St. Juan Diego. That was pretty boss.

However, if you look at EWTN kids on tv...I think that Catholics just don't get it. They need to design more developmentally appropriate videos to engage kids in fun and faith. Maybe then we would have less fallen away Catholics later. Who knows...just some thoughts.

MissScripture

[quote name='picchick' post='1544844' date='May 27 2008, 10:08 AM']I am being serious about that question BTW. Not to dampen the mood or nothing but I just thought it interesting. I am not all goofy :P
That might be a thought though. I never thought that Catholics were that scary! Oh I have one idea...I think that they are poorly made. Have you ever seen the CCC videos? They are pretty bad. Great stories but poorly made. I think they did right when they made the video of St. Juan Diego. That was pretty boss.

However, if you look at EWTN kids on tv...I think that Catholics just don't get it. They need to design more developmentally appropriate videos to engage kids in fun and faith. Maybe then we would have less fallen away Catholics later. Who knows...just some thoughts.[/quote]
I would have to agree with you. The kids shows on EWTN act as if the kids are four at the oldest, and are pretty boring...
The EWTN kids website is pretty nifty, but the shows on tv are eh. And a lot of them look as if they were made in the 80s or something...

One of my favorite forms of children's entertainment is here:

[url="http://www.catchat.ca"]http://www.catchat.ca[/url]

The people who made it are an AWESOME Catholic family, and my kids love it.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='CrossCuT' post='1545425' date='May 28 2008, 01:07 AM'][size=1]I wish I had a water buffalo.
[/size][/quote]
You can't say that everyone has a water buffalo, when everyone does not have a water buffalo. We're going to get nasty letters asking where's my water buffalo, and why can't I have a water buffalo, and are you prepared to deal with that? Stop being so silly!

MissScripture

[quote name='prose' post='1546743' date='May 28 2008, 03:08 PM']One of my favorite forms of children's entertainment is here:

[url="http://www.catchat.ca"]http://www.catchat.ca[/url]

The people who made it are an AWESOME Catholic family, and my kids love it.[/quote]
I LOVE CAT CHAT! Okay, how pathetic is this? I was tempted to go to a Cat Chat program by myself last year, but in the end I was busy and decided it would be a little creepy, anyway...
They used that for the Homeschool Co-op VBS last summer! And then I babysat one of the families in the homeschool co-op for the rest of the summer, so I got to listen to that CD pretty much every day.
Aww...now I really miss those kids!

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1545287' date='May 27 2008, 06:44 PM']I would have to agree with you. The kids shows on EWTN act as if the kids are four at the oldest, and are pretty boring...
The EWTN kids website is pretty nifty, but the shows on tv are eh. And a lot of them look as if they were made in the 80s or something...[/quote]

I LOVE THE WEBSITE!

The shows though are just boring. That one show with that one lady....Faith Factory? I am not sure who the audience is suppose to be. She talks like she is talking to 4-5 year olds. But then you look at what they are doing....no 4-5 year old is going to sit through that. Angel Force is a little bit better.

The cartoons are ridiculous though.