An Old School Catholic Message Board

What's Your Take On This

Giolla

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1730126' date='Dec 16 2008, 11:57 PM']In all honesty, I would have to say that Arianism, Pelagianism, Nestorianism, Iconoclasm and Protestantism (not to mention the countless other heresies that have plagued the Church over the centuries) are all much worse heresies...[/quote]

Its right around Protestantism. Either way you slice it the fact is they are committing a great heresy.

[quote name='princessgianna' post='1730161' date='Dec 17 2008, 12:54 AM']WOW! Sorry but found that hilarious! :lol_pound:

But seriously :mellow: I emailed them an email -can't wait to get an answer and hear what they have to say![/quote]

You E-Mailed them. Let me know how that goes.

[indent]Well, good another one bites the dust. I wish they will see the Light. It is better than to kill her neighbor but it looks like suicide too. Whatever. Nevertheless, I wish she must realize why women are not chosen by God to bring 'good news'.
[/indent]

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='Giolla' post='1730170' date='Dec 17 2008, 01:17 AM']Its right around Protestantism. Either way you slice it the fact is they are committing a great heresy.[/quote]

They have little in common with any Protestants outside of the Anglican Communion, and apparently are too liberal even for them, or perhaps too independent to be associated with an actual hierarchy.

[quote name='princessgianna' post='1730161' date='Dec 17 2008, 12:54 AM']WOW! Sorry but found that hilarious! :lol_pound:

But seriously :mellow: I emailed them an email -can't wait to get an answer and hear what they have to say![/quote]

What did you send them as comments?

Nothing much surprises me whe nit comes to these 'groups' anymore.
This one seems to have quite a following though.

Guest Optimus Prime

[quote name='philothea' post='1729378' date='Dec 16 2008, 02:11 AM']:ohno:

I like Rochester a lot, but... unfortunately, this doesn't surprise me. Saw quite a few parishes there that were a bit flakey, over the years.

Their "history" page is like a real-world demonstration of the slippery slope. Man.[/quote]

Fear not...there is a growing population of cooperators, friends, and supernumerary members of Opus Dei in the Rochester and Syracuse areas.

And as St. Josemaria might says, "Personal sanctity is a remedy for everything..."!

princessgianna

[quote name='Giolla' post='1730173' date='Dec 17 2008, 12:27 AM']You E-Mailed them. Let me know how that goes.[/quote]

Indeed I will! :)

[quote name='Didacus' post='1730305' date='Dec 17 2008, 10:38 AM']What did you send them as comments?

Nothing much surprises me whe nit comes to these 'groups' anymore.
This one seems to have quite a following though.[/quote]

Wow I feel popular! :P But seriously I'll paste what I wrote and then paste their reply

[u]My Comment:[/u]

I would like to know why you truly believe Catholicism to be correct. I am looking into converting and would like to see what your church (apart from the Church in Rome)has to offer and why!

Thanks God Bless
Gianna

[u]End of my comment![/u]

I would like to add that I did not lie about converting-if another Church can prove to me that their Church holds the Truth-I will convert. However dear fellow phatmassers please do not be alarmed for it would be after much much much prayer and question would I even consider another Church. And if I would ever be in doubt to as my faith-well isn't that the reason for phatmass? :))
[u]
Their response[/u]

Hi Gianna

I am writing in response to your email. It is an interesting question you pose. I see Catholicism as one of many avenues to God, not necessarily more or less "correct" than many of the the other pathes that people may take. I guess this would be one thing that our particular church offers, is just that understanding- that all mainline religions and other traditions, if they are based in goodness, wholeness, and a love of humanity, are different ways of understanding God. No one religion is the only answer- God is bigger than any and all of our traditions and understandings combined. As such we pray for other religious traditions during our mass, and we also invite everyone to receive communion, regardless of religion, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other criteria that has been at times used by the church to limit access to the sacraments.

Our liturgies are joyful and celebratory with great music and powerful messages. I would like to invite you to check us out for yourself and see what you think.

Also, if you'd like I would love to get together to talk about these issues further. Feel free to let me know if you'd like to do that.

Have a blessed Christmas and a wonderful New Year.
Rev. Denise

Rev. Denise Donato
Spiritus Christi Church
121 N. Fitzhugh St.
Rochester, NY 14614
585-325-1180 x108
[u]
End of their response[/u]

Enjoy!