An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy?

Mr_Private_Person

It's not hypocritical for not being able to post a heterosexual couple making out. We don't want to see those things. You wouldn't want any couple with their tongues don't each other's throats out in public for everyone who isn't blind to see do you?

the homosexual kiss is morally wrong.
the heterosexual one is probably not (unless it has connection to acts of adultury, fornication, incest, or is lustful in general)
we don't want either one posted on the phorum, of course, as PDAs are icky, and also they qualify as "mature content"

[quote name='Mr_Private_Person' post='1721842' date='Dec 7 2008, 07:11 PM']<Insert relativist nonsense here>[/quote]
Could you send me some of that Koolaid? I'm fresh out.

Snowflake3981

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1721962' date='Dec 7 2008, 08:06 PM']Posting provocative pictures is likely to get you permanently banned.[/quote]

I vote for a permanent ban based on the various posts by "Mr. Private Person" he is just trying to stir the pot and get people annoyed. We don't need that on this phorum.

I just wanted to say thanks to the moderators for pulling the photos before I had to see them. I do wonder about people whose lives are so empty that they have to spend their free time stirring up trouble for complete strangers.

[quote name='Aloysius' post='1721944' date='Dec 7 2008, 07:50 PM']ppl are NOT the sum of their actions. people have dignity and worth independent of any of their actions; their actions can damage themselves and others, but we do not judge a person's worth by the sum of their actions.

your problem is that you are using mere assertions as premises. you assert things as if we should all have already accepted them as fact, that's not how you discuss, that's not how you debate; that's how you troll. we don't like trolls here... we don't even have any bridges for fear some might pop up under them.[/quote]

Agreed.

[quote name='Mr_Private_Person' post='1721876' date='Dec 7 2008, 06:38 PM']If you say this picture is okay, that is discrimination![/quote]So discrimination is bad?

Snowflake3981

To have a moral society discrimination and judgment are required. Is it discrimanotory to put murderer's behind bars for breaking the law, but not people who break the law by driving 5 miles over the speed limit? It sure is, and rightly so.

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1722587' date='Dec 8 2008, 03:28 PM']why would you want to post those pictures on a Catholic phorum?

...that's weird...[/quote]

Trying to create a circus instead of leading a thoughtful debate or understanding the Catholic position. :mellow:

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/trans-siberian+orchestra/track/wish+liszt+(toy+shop+madness)"]Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Wish Liszt (Toy Shop Madness)[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

[quote name='Mr_Private_Person' post='1721842' date='Dec 7 2008, 07:11 PM']I got a response that people said that homosexuals are good people and nobody should say they are going to go to hell.

But when I post pictures of two men who were in love, and expressing themselves, I get banned for what a moderator said is a scandalous photographs.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the word scandalous means doing something that is Taboo. Taboo means doing something that is wrong. People are the sum of their actions, so by saying having pictures of men kissing is Taboo, and therefore wrong, and therefore those men are living wrong, because they are expressing their honest affection for each other.

So, why is Hugheyforlife saying what homosexuals is wrong, but everybody else saying we shouldn't judge them![/quote]

Whats your deal man ? Why are you posting a picture of gay men kissing on a chritian phorum you know kids are on ? Just because you have no faith and are damning yourself to hell dont try to confuse others with your petty gay arguments. No one here has judged gays but at the same time no one wants to see pictures of them being intimate. Just like noone wants to see pictures of unmarried straight people being intiment. There both the same same sin and phatmass doesnt promote sin.

On a whole another note why are you such a coward you have to make a milion accounts ? Why are you even here ? And I am the last person to be asking you why you are here because over the years i havent been a big help to phatmass. At the same time though im not going around spamming, haveing a million accounts, and posting pictues of gays getting with each other. Grow up. Good job mods. You guys are appreciated for doing a good job and keeping this a nice postive christian webiste. thanks.

Edited by Guest

now what about posting a cute little picture of a little 5 year old girl kissing a 5 year old boy on the cheek? AWWWW!

Cute :)

Sorry.... don't have one.