An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy?

Mr_Private_Person

Mr_Private_Person

I got a response that people said that homosexuals are good people and nobody should say they are going to go to hell.

But when I post pictures of two men who were in love, and expressing themselves, I get banned for what a moderator said is a scandalous photographs.

[quote]Hugheyforlife

Please refrain from posting images of scandalous nature on the phorum. Thanks.[/quote]

Correct me if I am wrong, but the word scandalous means doing something that is Taboo. Taboo means doing something that is wrong. People are the sum of their actions, so by saying having pictures of men kissing is Taboo, and therefore wrong, and therefore those men are living wrong, because they are expressing their honest affection for each other.

So, why is Hugheyforlife saying what homosexuals is wrong, but everybody else saying we shouldn't judge them!

puellapaschalis

I think this might come down to the difference between the state of "being homosexual" or "having homosexual tendencies" - however one might want to describe that, perhaps in terms of SSA or something - and the attitude that acting upon those tendencies is ok and acceptable.

Being homosexual is not scandalous, acting out on it is scandalous. Kissing is acting out on it, right? Anyway I don't think anybody wants to see any pictures of PDA from straight people either. Not me.

Mr_Private_Person

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1721848' date='Dec 7 2008, 07:18 PM']I think this might come down to the difference between the state of "being homosexual" or "having homosexual tendencies" - however one might want to describe that, perhaps in terms of SSA or something - and the attitude that acting upon those tendencies is ok and acceptable.[/quote]

Don't people have the right to do anything they want without anybody telling they're evil and they're wrong, and what they are doing is wrong!

[quote name='Mr_Private_Person' post='1721859' date='Dec 7 2008, 07:28 PM']Don't people have the right to do anything they want without anybody telling they're evil and they're wrong, and what they are doing is wrong![/quote]

No. I'm sure you can think of 10 examples right off the bat of things people do that are wrong that they shouldn't be allowed to do. Now I am going to stop feeding the trolls!

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Mr_Private_Person' post='1721842' date='Dec 7 2008, 07:11 PM']I got a response that people said that homosexuals are good people and nobody should say they are going to go to hell.

But when I post pictures of two men who were in love, and expressing themselves, I get banned for what a moderator said is a scandalous photographs.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the word scandalous means doing something that is Taboo. Taboo means doing something that is wrong. People are the sum of their actions, so by saying having pictures of men kissing is Taboo, and therefore wrong, and therefore those men are living wrong, because they are expressing their honest affection for each other.

So, why is Hugheyforlife saying what homosexuals is wrong, but everybody else saying we shouldn't judge them![/quote]

[quote]scanâ‹…dalâ‹…ous
–adjective
1. disgraceful; shameful or shocking; improper: scandalous behavior in public.[/quote]

The images you posted were scandalous and completely improper for a Catholic board. We have rules prohibiting posting mature content (images of homosexual men making out falls under this category).

[quote]Mature Content
A post or comment that has a subject matter not appropriate for underage visitors. The moderators will be asked to use good judgment, so please use common sense. Note: This should not be confused with theological or intellectual restrictions--this guideline only applies to the subject--not the level of discussion.[/quote]

There is also a difference between judging persons and judging actions. I am sure that you know full well that as Catholics we believe that [i]acting on[/i] homosexual attractions is sinful. The men in the images weren't being condemned, but the action depicted in them was deemed scandalous and not appropriate for phatmass. Images of heterosexual couples making out would not be appropriate for this phorum either.

If you want to discuss whether or not homosexuals are being judged then go ahead. If you have an issue with the decision the moderator made take it up in private. If you make an issue of hugheygforlife's moderating decision publicly then be forewarned that it will be edited according the the phorum guidelines.

[quote]Public Criticism of Moderators
All criticism of moderators or administrators should be handled in private via e-mail or private messages. Any public posts will be deleted and a warning issued.[/quote]

obviously you were too busy causing trouble to actually read my post huh?

Homesexuals are not bad. It is the ACTIONS of such that are considered sinful. So you were posting pictures of actions....

Get the picture?

AH HA HA...picture get it?

Mr_Private_Person

[quote name='picchick' post='1721865' date='Dec 7 2008, 07:31 PM']obviously you were too busy causing trouble to actually read my post huh?

Homesexuals are not bad. It is the ACTIONS of such that are considered sinful. So you were posting pictures of actions....

Get the picture?

AH HA HA...picture get it?[/quote]

So, if people are the sum of their actions, these people must be evil and going to hell for being so evil as to express their love for each other!

Mr_Private_Person

[quote name='Maggie' post='1721857' date='Dec 7 2008, 07:26 PM']Being homosexual is not scandalous, acting out on it is scandalous. Kissing is acting out on it, right? Anyway I don't think anybody wants to see any pictures of PDA from straight people either. Not me.[/quote]

But people's character is defined by what they do, and their character is who they are. So if they're actions are scandalous then they're scandalous.

Is it okay to post this pictures -

[mod]image removed--IP[/mod]

If you say this picture is okay, that is discrimination!

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Mr_Private_Person' post='1721876' date='Dec 7 2008, 07:38 PM']But people's character is defined by what they do, and their character is who they are. So if they're actions are scandalous then they're scandalous.

Is it okay to post this pictures -

[mod]image removed--IP[/mod]

If you say this picture is okay, that is discrimination![/quote]

NO. I just told you it wasn't ok. Did you even read my post or did you just ignore the message from the moderator??? <_<

Mr_Private_Person

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1721882' date='Dec 7 2008, 07:47 PM']NO. I just told you it wasn't ok. Did you even read my post or did you just ignore the message from the moderator??? <_<[/quote]

Oh, I got it.

A picture of a man and woman kissing is wrong as well. Okay.

No hypocricy there. But if men kissing women is wrong too, then how are we going to continue as a species?

Did you even look at the picture?

[mod] for posting more inappropriate images when having already been warned not to. --IP [/mod]

Edited by IcePrincessKRS

ppl are NOT the sum of their actions. people have dignity and worth independent of any of their actions; their actions can damage themselves and others, but we do not judge a person's worth by the sum of their actions.

your problem is that you are using mere assertions as premises. you assert things as if we should all have already accepted them as fact, that's not how you discuss, that's not how you debate; that's how you troll. we don't like trolls here... we don't even have any bridges for fear some might pop up under them.