An Old School Catholic Message Board

Entering The Convent

RosaMystica

[quote name='Carmeliteheart726' post='1719831' date='Dec 5 2008, 05:50 AM']Wow, Mandy! Congratulations! Did you just find out about this recently, that you would be going so soon? I will be praying for you! I have never heard of your Order before now. I pray that you and the other young women entering with you will be very happy. God bless you for following God's will! :D[/quote]

Thank you so much for prayers! God knows I need them! God in His goodness planned everything out so perfectly. As soon as I gave Him my yes (fiat!) and abandoned my will to His when I decided to tell the SMME's that I wouldn't be entering their community (that happened on Aug. 7 the day before St. Dominic's feast!), I told the Mother General of the Chaldean Sisters that I wanted to enter. So everything happened within a matter of a few months! I of course was under the guidance of a spiritual director and I didn't do anything without his permission. My Order is unique only to the Chaldean Rite, but to answer Gemma's question, our spirituality and charism is more Dominican than anything else but it also has it's own type of Chaldean spirituality. Our habits as I'm sure you've all already seen are Dominican.

I thank everyone so very much for their prayers! You are all in mine as well! Please pray that all three of us persevere!

God bless you all!

Carmeliteheart726

[quote name='MandyKhatoon' post='1721416' date='Dec 7 2008, 02:23 AM']Thank you so much for prayers! God knows I need them! God in His goodness planned everything out so perfectly. As soon as I gave Him my yes (fiat!) and abandoned my will to His when I decided to tell the SMME's that I wouldn't be entering their community (that happened on Aug. 7 the day before St. Dominic's feast!), I told the Mother General of the Chaldean Sisters that I wanted to enter. So everything happened within a matter of a few months! I of course was under the guidance of a spiritual director and I didn't do anything without his permission. My Order is unique only to the Chaldean Rite, but to answer Gemma's question, our spirituality and charism is more Dominican than anything else but it also has it's own type of Chaldean spirituality. Our habits as I'm sure you've all already seen are Dominican.

I thank everyone so very much for their prayers! You are all in mine as well! Please pray that all three of us persevere!

God bless you all![/quote]

Are you nervous at all? I am praying for your intention not only today in Church, but tomorrow! May Our Lady watch over you and guide you in your blessed journey towards our Lord Jesus Christ!

Thank you, so, so much! :))

I am a bit nervous and I'm hoping that's normal. I guess that it's just journeying into the unknown and walking by faith that is a bit scary and makes me a little nervous. But I'm trying my best to follow Our Lady's example and ask her for help and grace. She had to journey into the unknown and walk by faith, too :)

Carmeliteheart726

[quote name='MandyKhatoon' post='1721438' date='Dec 7 2008, 03:03 AM']Thank you, so, so much! :))

I am a bit nervous and I'm hoping that's normal. I guess that it's just journeying into the unknown and walking by faith that is a bit scary and makes me a little nervous. But I'm trying my best to follow Our Lady's example and ask her for help and grace. She had to journey into the unknown and walk by faith, too :)[/quote]

Ah, you're welcome, my faithful sister in Christ! I think it's absolutely normal for you to be nervous, and if you weren't, well...I'd have to worry! LOL :topsy: Definitely, Mary is the prime example of faithful witness. I can't imagine having to travel the desert, PREGNANT, with very little food or water, just faith. The beauty of Our Blessed Mother amazes me whenever I think of her. Imagine how radiant and beautiful she is in heaven! We have seen many pictures, but none of them compare to her beauty. She is the most pure human soul, untainted by sin. I can't wait to meet her in heaven and give her a HUGE hug! After Jesus, of course! :D

[quote name='MandyKhatoon' post='1721416' date='Dec 7 2008, 04:23 AM']Thank you so much for prayers! God knows I need them! God in His goodness planned everything out so perfectly. As soon as I gave Him my yes (fiat!) and abandoned my will to His when I decided to tell the SMME's that I wouldn't be entering their community (that happened on Aug. 7 the day before St. Dominic's feast!), I told the Mother General of the Chaldean Sisters that I wanted to enter. So everything happened within a matter of a few months! I of course was under the guidance of a spiritual director and I didn't do anything without his permission. My Order is unique only to the Chaldean Rite, but to answer Gemma's question, our spirituality and charism is more Dominican than anything else but it also has it's own type of Chaldean spirituality. Our habits as I'm sure you've all already seen are Dominican.

God bless you all![/quote]

And that was my point--you found Chaldean-spirituality Dominicans. You were so pulled to the DSMMEs, but you weren't 100 percent on it. You still wanted Chaldean. That misgiving is what kept you from going to Ann Arbor. Then you found these Chaldean sisters.

See my point? Others can learn from it, too. It all jells.

Blessings,
Gemma

[quote name='Gemma' post='1721473' date='Dec 7 2008, 10:05 AM']And that was my point--you found Chaldean-spirituality Dominicans. You were so pulled to the DSMMEs, but you weren't 100 percent on it. You still wanted Chaldean. That misgiving is what kept you from going to Ann Arbor. Then you found these Chaldean sisters.

Blessings,
Gemma[/quote]

[quote name='Gemma' date='Dec 7 2008, 10:05 AM' post='1721473']

Ah, if it were only that simple, dear.

But Gods ways are not our ways. He tells us so, doesn't He.
2 plus 2 is NOT always 4 in God's book. His mathematics are just not ours. In our world, you cannot feed thousands of people with a few loaves and fishes.
It just doesn't jell.

Blessings,
EWIE

[quote name='Gemma' post='1721473' date='Dec 7 2008, 10:05 AM']And that was my point--you found Chaldean-spirituality Dominicans. \[/quote]

I'm sorry for the unclarity of my words. If you to compare the Sisters with any type of order they would be closest to the Dominicans but they are very distinct in themselves. The Chaldean Sisters also have an emphasis on study like the Dominicans and have a similar habit to them but they aren't in a sense Chaldean Dominicans. There are many Dominican prayers and devotions that Dominicans have that the Chaldean Sisters dont. The Chaldean Sisters have devotions and prayers that are unique to their order just like any other order. I'm just saying this to explain that they are different than the Dominicans and are not Dominicans. I'm sorry if I made it seem as though they were before.

Also, it wasn't as simple saying no to the SMMEs as I may have made it seem. It was completely and unutterably a tearing away of my will and it was very painful. But at the same time, God has given me such a happiness and peace in following His will than I could have ever have imagined for myself if I would have entered the SMMEs by my own accord.

God bless!

[quote name='moon_child_anne' post='1721598' date='Dec 7 2008, 01:34 PM']Only one more day, you must be elated!!!![/quote]

Yes I am! I'm so excited! :))

Mandy, it's coming down to "zero hour" and so I wanted to just say, God bless you as you enter into his service. Several times today you popped into my head and I prayed for your intention. You will have our loving mother the Immaculate Conception with you tomorrow as you begin the journey as a consecrated Bride of the Divine Bridegroom. You'll be in my prayers!

The Immaculate Conception is the patron saint of Spain, along with the Apostle Santiago.

You will be in my prayers and those of other Catholic Spaniards, litte sister :) .