An Old School Catholic Message Board

Entering The Convent

RosaMystica

Hey Pham,

Well, I'm entering the convent in four days! I've had a really tough time with discernment and figuring out where Christ wants me to be, but I'm completely at peace with where I will be going. I'm going to be entering with the Chaldean Daughters of Mary Immaculate. They don't have a website but I do have some pictures of them on my [url="http://www.xanga.com/MandyKhatoon"]blog[/url]. There are three of us entering this Monday and we will be the first American born vocations and first vocations within the United States. It's pretty exciting especially since our Patriarch is here from Iraq and he will be presiding over our entrance ceremony and consecrating our chapel in our novitiate. Please, please, please keep us in your prayers!

I would also like to thank you all for all the posts and comments you put on this forum. You all have helped me to learn so much about discernment and different religious orders and vocations. I'm really going to miss coming on here and checking out all the posts! :) I'm going to be praying for all of you! God bless you all!

In the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts,
Mandy

Carmeliteheart726

[quote name='MandyKhatoon' post='1719691' date='Dec 5 2008, 01:14 AM']Hey Pham,

Well, I'm entering the convent in four days! I've had a really tough time with discernment and figuring out where Christ wants me to be, but I'm completely at peace with where I will be going. I'm going to be entering with the Chaldean Daughters of Mary Immaculate. They don't have a website but I do have some pictures of them on my [url="http://www.xanga.com/MandyKhatoon"]blog[/url]. There are three of us entering this Monday and we will be the first American born vocations and first vocations within the United States. It's pretty exciting especially since our Patriarch is here from Iraq and he will be presiding over our entrance ceremony and consecrating our chapel in our novitiate. Please, please, please keep us in your prayers!

I would also like to thank you all for all the posts and comments you put on this forum. You all have helped me to learn so much about discernment and different religious orders and vocations. I'm really going to miss coming on here and checking out all the posts! :) I'm going to be praying for all of you! God bless you all!

Mandy[/quote]

Wow, Mandy! Congratulations! Did you just find out about this recently, that you would be going so soon? I will be praying for you! I have never heard of your Order before now. I pray that you and the other young women entering with you will be very happy. God bless you for following God's will! :D

the lords sheep

God Bless you for being so open in your discernment. It's been a blessing for me to watch you as you learned to abandon yourself to his will. Pray for me that I may learn the same abandon.
You will be in my prayers!

United in the heart of Mary Immaculate,
Lauren

VeniteAdoremus

I'm so happy for you, that you have found your place - and can stay with your own Rite, which you wanted so much.

Thanks for sharing parts of your journey with us!

Go in peace to love and serve the Lord. I'll will keep you and your sisters (you're triplets!) in my prayers. I know that you will all do much good for your order, your rite, and the Church at large in religious life.

Oh, Mandy I am SO happy for you! I remember how you were struggling with whether to enter the SMME's last August or follow your Chaldean call - I'm so glad you have found your path and will remember your intentions in all my prayers. You sound wonderfully at peace with this direction, and I pray your entrance brings you great joy in service to Christ!

God Bless! Congratulations what a beautiful day to enter. May Mary help you abandon yourself and be perfectly conformed to His will.

[quote name='MandyKhatoon' post='1719691' date='Dec 5 2008, 03:14 AM']Hey Pham,

Mandy[/quote]

Looks like you got your desire--your rite and a Dominican-looking habit. Which spirituality do they follow?

Blessings,
Gemma

God bless your journey to where your heart belongs. I, too, am happy beyond words for you, and for your community.