An Old School Catholic Message Board

Abortion Not Seen Linked With Depression (msnbc)

Paladin D

KnightofChrist

[quote name='bonkers' post='1738258' date='Dec 29 2008, 10:02 PM']No, you're the one who wants to change the law. I'd assume if you really think abortion has such a terrible effect on women there would be a sea of evidence to support it. So far all I can see it testimonies of Christians. You're right, we can't rule this out totally, but you can't make generalisations for all women based on the testimonies of devout Christians. Your position is weak for this reason. Show me hard evidence of women who are not compelled to feel they have murdered their own babies who suffer depression.[/quote]

I never claimed it represented all women. Yet, a great majority of woman in this country are Christian thus use of their testimonies has a stronger reasoning than you are willing to give credit.

Your last request is just another way of saying show evidence without using Christians.

But here you have it.

[url="http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/118727161/abstract?CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0"]http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal...=1&SRETRY=0[/url]

Also just to note Dr David M. Fergusson, the head of this study is an atheist. The study also lasted 25 years.

"I remain pro-choice. I am not religious. I am an atheist and a rationalist. The findings did surprise me, but the results appear to be very robust because they persist across a series of disorders and a series of ages. . . . Abortion is a traumatic life event; that is, it involves loss, it involves grief, it involves difficulties. And the trauma may, in fact, predispose people to having mental illness." - Dr David M. Fergusson

Edited by KnightofChrist

KnightofChrist

[quote name='bonkers' post='1738273' date='Dec 29 2008, 10:07 PM']I have common sense.[/quote]

It was surely lacking in post 55