An Old School Catholic Message Board

Abortion Not Seen Linked With Depression (msnbc)

Paladin D

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1734818' date='Dec 24 2008, 01:41 PM']Either you read all or you didn't. You didn't but you said you did. Until you read all and actually confirm all invoke the word "God' your just talking.[/quote]

I didn't need to read every single testimony to know the rest all invoke use of the word god. If you can show me one there that doesn't, you will have refuted me, but until you can do so I'll just happily conclude my assumption is correct. Here's you big chance.

[quote]Anyway doesn't matter just because someone says "God' does not devalue everything else.[/quote]

It does in the political arena.

[url="http://www.silentnomoreawareness.org/testimonies/testimony5028.htm"]http://www.silentnomoreawareness.org/testi...stimony5028.htm[/url]

KnightofChrist

[quote name='bonkers' post='1734825' date='Dec 24 2008, 01:50 PM']I didn't need to read every single testimony to know the rest all invoke use of the word god. If you can show me one there that doesn't, you will have refuted me, but until you can do so I'll just happily conclude my assumption is correct. Here's you big chance.[/quote]

You did when you said you did read all. Case closed. You didn't thus you don't really know and it's only your theory all do.

[quote name='bonkers' post='1734825' date='Dec 24 2008, 01:50 PM']It does in the political arena.[/quote]

No YOU say so, but just because you say so means little, again just because someone uses the word God does not competently through out everything else they have said. Politically or otherwise.

Edited by KnightofChrist

[quote]You did when you said you did read all. Case closed. You didn't thus you don't really know and it's only your theory all do.[/quote]

So what's your point? You're splitting hairs. How is this relevant in any way? You're wasiting time.

[quote]No YOU say so, but just because you say so means little, again just because someone uses the word God does not competently through out everything else they have said. Politically or otherwise.[/quote]

It does when you're trying to prove the abortion issue is a huge social malady and everyone's getting depressed from it. So far you've been limited to providing a few testimonies all (well 99%) that invoke use of the word god or have some spirtiual theme to it, which isn't a good way of making generalisations for ALL women who have abortions, the majorty of who don't come to any devout faith in god.

Edited by bonkers

[quote name='RemnantRules' post='1734842' date='Dec 24 2008, 02:10 PM']my apologies, which website were you speaking of?[/quote]

Actually, you were right, but I asked knightchrist (whatever), not you. But the other 99% use the word god, so my point sticks.

[url="http://www.priestsforlife.org/testimonies/testimony.aspx?ID=1098"]http://www.priestsforlife.org/testimonies/...ny.aspx?ID=1098[/url]

I know these are only two, but it didn't take me long to find these that for your rules did not have the word "God" in them. But first you said "all" and then you said "99%" now it's less? But as KOC said, just because a testimony has the word "God" may be in a different context than what you think.

I will let this go, b/c I feel I have made my points and there is no growth being made here. I hope you have a safe and Happy holidays Bonkers, and Merry Christmas Knight of Christ. Happy New Year to you both.

God Bless
Jason Gregory

KnightofChrist

[quote name='bonkers' post='1734841' date='Dec 24 2008, 02:07 PM']So what's your point? You're splitting hairs. How is this relevant in any way? You're wasiting time.[/quote]

That your original point wasn't true. You said all and that is not the case.

[quote name='bonkers' post='1734841' date='Dec 24 2008, 02:07 PM']It does when you're trying to prove the abortion issue is a huge social malady and everyone's getting depressed from it. So far you've been limited to providing a few testimonies all (well 99%) that invoke use of the word god or have some spirtiual theme to it, which isn't a good way of making generalisations for ALL women who have abortions, the majorty of who don't come to any devout faith in god.[/quote]

Your 99% means nothing you have not read all the testimonies, to make such a factual claim must actually read all of them. Just because someone uses the word God does not mean they were not in fact depressed, nor does it mean that their testimonials should be through out. That quite frankly would be very stupid.

Your making generalizations here saying that people who believe in God should be discounted out right because they dare say "God" or "Lord." We can not discount Christians who have had abortions, nor atheists who have had abortions because they mention some part of there faith or lack thereof when talking about their depression from having the abortion.

Edited by KnightofChrist

[quote name='bonkers' post='1734666' date='Dec 24 2008, 01:46 AM']All those testimonies invoke use of the word 'God', so the link with depression only applies to thsoe who are religious and suffering from a guilt complex, not the whole population.[/quote]
Oh, so any utterance of the word "God" in itself proves a witness to be a delusional brainwashed idiot suffering from a psychological "complex," and therefore whatever testimony she gives can be immediately discarded!
Only the testimony of a sworn atheist can ever have any worth. Of course.

How can we possibly argue against such logic?
Admit it, the atheist beat us all there. We might as well all pack up and go home.

[quote name='bonkers' post='1734712' date='Dec 24 2008, 04:48 AM']I scanned through many. Actually couldn't find one transcript that didn't use the word 'god' or 'lord'. :topsy:[/quote]
The "Silent No More" site had six pages of links to testimony, alphabetically listed A-Z, which I don't have time to read, and I doubt the atheist does either. However, in the "A's," alone, I saw the [url="http://www.silentnomoreawareness.org/testimonies/testimony5230.htm"]Ayana, from Lousiana's testimony[/url] contained no reference to God or religion.

As usual, "Bonkers" provides more circular reasoning based on false premises.

But to read more delusional brainwashed religious rantings against abortion, go here: [url="http://www.godlessprolifers.org/home.html"]http://www.godlessprolifers.org/home.html[/url]

[quote name='Socrates' post='1738081' date='Dec 29 2008, 08:21 PM']Oh, so any utterance of the word "God" in itself proves a witness to be a delusional brainwashed idiot suffering from a psychological "complex," and therefore whatever testimony she gives can be immediately discarded!
Only the testimony of a sworn atheist can ever have any worth. Of course.

How can we possibly argue against such logic?
Admit it, the atheist beat us all there. We might as well all pack up and go home.[/quote]

You're an idiot.

[quote]The "Silent No More" site had six pages of links to testimony, alphabetically listed A-Z, which I don't have time to read, and I doubt the atheist does either. However, in the "A's," alone, I saw the [url="http://www.silentnomoreawareness.org/testimonies/testimony5230.htm"]Ayana, from Lousiana's testimony[/url] contained no reference to God or religion.[/quote]

"It was horrible and I have asked [b]God[/b] for forgiveness."

[quote]As usual, "Bonkers" provides more circular reasoning based on false premises.

But to read more delusional brainwashed religious rantings against abortion, go here: [url="http://www.godlessprolifers.org/home.html"]http://www.godlessprolifers.org/home.html[/url][/quote]

'This site was last modified on 1 January 2007' :rolleyes:

Is that all you've got? Thought so..

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1734859' date='Dec 24 2008, 02:44 PM']That your original point wasn't true. You said all and that is not the case.

Your 99% means nothing you have not read all the testimonies, to make such a factual claim must actually read all of them. Just because someone uses the word God does not mean they were not in fact depressed, nor does it mean that their testimonials should be through out. That quite frankly would be very stupid.

Your making generalizations here saying that people who believe in God should be discounted out right because they dare say "God" or "Lord." We can not discount Christians who have had abortions, nor atheists who have had abortions because they mention some part of there faith or lack thereof when talking about their depression from having the abortion.[/quote]

No, you're the one who wants to change the law. I'd assume if you really think abortion has such a terrible effect on women there would be a sea of evidence to support it. So far all I can see it testimonies of Christians. You're right, we can't rule this out totally, but you can't make generalisations for all women based on the testimonies of devout Christians. Your position is weak for this reason. Show me hard evidence of women who are not compelled to feel they have murdered their own babies who suffer depression.

[quote name='bonkers' post='1738229' date='Dec 29 2008, 09:53 PM']You're an idiot.[/quote]
Superior atheist rationality strikes again . . . :rolleyes:

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1738239' date='Dec 29 2008, 09:56 PM']You've got nothing at all Bonkers... nothing.[/quote]

I have common sense.

[quote name='Socrates' post='1738264' date='Dec 29 2008, 09:04 PM']Superior atheist rationality strikes again . . . :rolleyes:[/quote]

Actually, I think you might be right here.