An Old School Catholic Message Board

Killing Varieties Of Humans

dairygirl4u2c

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mr_Private_Person

[quote name='picchick' post='1714889' date='Nov 30 2008, 04:07 PM']Then you are color blind. Actions are evil. People are not.[/quote]

I got it.

Homos are just like everybody else, and should have the same rights as everybody else, including marriage.

[mod]inappropriate images --hugheyforlife[/mod]

Good for them!

[quote name='Mr_Private_Person' post='1714236' date='Nov 29 2008, 10:01 PM']according to your religion, don't homos go to hell when they die?[/quote]
Unless they repent and seek forgiveness first . . .

Lame internet trolls, on the other hand, may well be beyond forgiveness.

Fidei Defensor

The penalty of sin is death. Don't sinners, such as homosexuals, deserve death? And since they chose their lifestyle willingly, they can't be seen as innocent... shouldn't we kill them?

I'm not sure where your first premise is coming from...."the penalty of sin is death"...I'm not sure the logic that you used is all that sound either.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='LivingStone' post='1716403' date='Dec 1 2008, 11:54 PM']I'm not sure where your first premise is coming from...."the penalty of sin is death"...I'm not sure the logic that you used is all that sound either.[/quote]
Romans 6:23: For the wages of sin is death.

I would recommend at the very least reading the entire chapter so you can get a better context to what Saint Paul's message is. If you take 1/2 of a verse out of context, you can "argue" just about anything. Paul's theme in this chapter touches upon sanctification through obedience. Paul talks about how we need to cooperate with the grace that the Lord provides for us. Nowhere in this chapter does St. Paul imply that that we have an obligation to kill one who sins, whether a person is homosexual or not, whether a person commits homosexual acts or not (note these are two important distinctions, for a homosexual can lead a chaste life in the same way that a single person can).

The focus of the chapter isn't killing those who sin, for you left out the second half of Romans 6:23 "...but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

HisChildForever

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1716391' date='Dec 2 2008, 12:35 AM']The penalty of sin is death. Don't sinners, such as homosexuals, deserve death? And since they chose their lifestyle willingly, they can't be seen as innocent... shouldn't we kill them?[/quote]

Not literal death, [b]eternal[/b] death: Hell. (In response to "the penalty of sin is death.") If we continuously sin and do not seek repentance for our offenses we will suffer eternal death, not eternal life.

After explaining that, your questions become moot because you interpreted "death" as literal death, and this is not the context in which it is being used.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1717022' date='Dec 2 2008, 10:01 PM']Not literal death, [b]eternal[/b] death: Hell. (In response to "the penalty of sin is death.") If we continuously sin and do not seek repentance for our offenses we will suffer eternal death, not eternal life.

After explaining that, your questions become moot because you interpreted "death" as literal death, and this is not the context in which it is being used.[/quote]
However, physical death was introduced into the world through sin. We do deserve to die from our sins. That's kind of the whole point of the death penalty. Why shouldn't it apply to other sins?

HisChildForever

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1717044' date='Dec 2 2008, 11:21 PM']However, physical death was introduced into the world through sin. We do deserve to die from our sins. That's kind of the whole point of the death penalty. Why shouldn't it apply to other sins?[/quote]

I would not say that physical death was [i]introduced[/i] through sin, but a [i]consequence[/i] of sin. A shortened life span was one of the punishments due to the fall, if I recall correctly. (This was not what Paul was discussing, however. Just to make that clear - I feel that we are now on a different topic.)

I disagree regarding your statement concerning the death penalty. While it is used for justice it is also used for the safety of society. I also would not like to say that these people (on death row) "deserve" to die because while I support the penalty (as mentioned in another thread) I feel a great sadness that the person on death row did what they did to get there, and I do feel remorse, but I also feel it is necessary for the safety of society.

If you go by the thought of "we should kill anyone and everyone who sins" then there will be no one left. There is more to the death penalty than retribution.