An Old School Catholic Message Board

Killing Varieties Of Humans

dairygirl4u2c

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1713147' date='Nov 28 2008, 09:15 PM']does this have a point, dairygirl?[/quote]
Obviously not, other than to make a "provocative" thread title.

lame.

(I admit, it did make me chuckle, though.)

Mr_Private_Person

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1713469' date='Nov 29 2008, 04:27 AM']So are prostitutes.[/quote]

But they perform an important societal service. They make sure geeks who couldn't meet a real girl can have relations and not be immaculate.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1713478' date='Nov 29 2008, 02:30 AM']What you do in your private life is your business.[/quote]
I would argue that if what I do in my private life is a sin, then it's everyone's business, because no sin is private.

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1714152' date='Nov 29 2008, 05:57 PM']I would argue that if what I do in my private life is a sin, then it's everyone's business, because no sin is private.[/quote]
There are many sins that are done in private, i.e., they are done in secret from human eyes, and so what you do in that way, I cannot prevent. That said, your visiting prostitutes certainly does have public effects.

[quote name='Mr_Private_Person' post='1714236' date='Nov 29 2008, 10:01 PM']according to your religion, don't homos go to hell when they die?[/quote]

No.

Mr_Private_Person

[quote name='Winchester' post='1714397' date='Nov 30 2008, 01:37 AM']Not that simple. Sorry.[/quote]

That's what I keep on hearing though.

Homos are evil, and if they're evil, wouldn't they go to hell when they die?

Seems the Christian world is black and white to me!

Hey there,

In the Catholic Church, we do not condemn anyone to hell. It isn't a homosexual person that is evil, it is the homosexual act, as is any sin. It isn't the sinner; rather, the sinful acts that are disordered and evil. If "homos are evil", then so would every other person on the face of the planet because we all have our cross that we are trying to bear and there are many times when people fall. We are all sinners, we all sin. There are a lot of 'homosexual' people who try to live a chaste life (which means not partaking in homosexual relations or activities). I even hate predicating someone as a homosexual because that has ramifications in itself.

I hope that that might help a bit. Thanks for the post, brother. Take things easy.

BTW, I really don't like this thread: There are a lot of people (visitors, etc) that could simply see the title and make assumptions of the Church. I'm just saying it can create a lot of unnecessary confusion. Thank you.

Mr_Private_Person

So homos don't go to hell when they die. Got it.

Does that mean they should be allowed to get married.

[mod]inappropriate images --hugheyforlife[/mod]

Look at the romance and the love between them!

[quote name='Mr_Private_Person' post='1714421' date='Nov 30 2008, 01:01 AM']That's what I keep on hearing though.

Homos are evil, and if they're evil, wouldn't they go to hell when they die?

Seems the Christian world is black and white to me![/quote]

Then you are color blind. Actions are evil. People are not.