An Old School Catholic Message Board

Twilight Debate

tinytherese

HisChildForever

[quote name='BG45' post='1706513' date='Nov 21 2008, 12:08 AM']I've heard so much about her writing from so many different sources. :) Almost universally, hate it or love it for vampires, people tend to admit it's at the very least, well written. I remember the first time I visited her website, it was apparently after her reversion and suddenly I heard Ave Maria. I started wondering if I had opened my iTunes by accident when I realized I was hearing Ave Maria in a place I expected to read about her vampire novels! (I assume the film Interview with a Vampire doesn't hold a candle to the novel?)[/quote]

Her vampires are...humane, for lack of a better word. And the movie was great, but the book is always better.

Not to get off topic, of course. Anyway, "Twilight" seems to take this alluring concept of vampires - something romantic in a sinister, dark way - and turns it into a love-puppy romance between teenagers. All the spirituality and intrigue is removed.

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1706515' date='Nov 21 2008, 12:18 AM']Her vampires are...humane, for lack of a better word. And the movie was great, but the book is always better.

Not to get off topic, of course. Anyway, "Twilight" seems to take this alluring concept of vampires - something romantic in a sinister, dark way - and turns it into a love-puppy romance between teenagers. All the spirituality and intrigue is removed.[/quote]

Or as a friend put it when her dad wanted to go see the movie, "It's gothic watered down smut for teenagers".

[quote name='BG45' post='1706553' date='Nov 21 2008, 12:46 AM']Or as a friend put it when her dad wanted to go see the movie, "It's gothic watered down smut for teenagers".[/quote]

If only there was a standing ovation emoticon!

[quote name='Christie_M' post='1706371' date='Nov 20 2008, 10:48 PM']:book:[/quote]
I refuse. After hearing my friend talk about it for months...no. She's been trying to drag me into the books in any way she can, but I won't do it. Also, all you crazy fans posted Facebook statuses about the movie yesterday, and it made me cringe.

Edited by rachael

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1707826' date='Nov 22 2008, 12:27 PM']This should be in the pop culture/movies/TV section.[/quote]

There is a Twilight thread on it now but this thread here is meant for fans debating over what team we're on.

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1708078' date='Nov 22 2008, 08:53 PM']This isn't a real debate. This needs to be moved.[/quote]
Agreed.

[size=5]Lame.[/size]

[quote name='Christie_M' post='1706338' date='Nov 20 2008, 07:25 PM']Leaning more twards Team Jacob. But for the most part I'm Switzerland.[/quote]

Same here. Or Team Jakeward, whatever you want to call it. But I also lean towards Jacob.

[quote name='Christie_M' post='1706415' date='Nov 20 2008, 07:59 PM']I totally agree with you. Bella is actually my least favorite charector[/quote]

OMG Same here!!! Bella is really whiny and annoying!!!!!!!! :annoyed: