An Old School Catholic Message Board

Twilight Debate

tinytherese

[quote name='Christie_M' post='1706338' date='Nov 20 2008, 09:25 PM']Leaning more twards Team Jacob. But for the most part I'm Switzerland.[/quote]

I'm Switzerland too right now. I grew to like Jacob more but still think that he acted like a jerk sometimes. What with the forcing a kiss on Bella, then being all "I know you really are in-love with me but you refuse to admit it," and later on manipulating her into letting him kiss her. But at least Bella isn't all co-dependent on him like she is with Edward. I do still like Edward though.

That part anoyed me, too. lol and there was definatly and obsetion/OCD with Bella and Edward. At first I thought I was team Edward, but then the thired book really changed me. He was totally idk had an "I'm unworthy I want to kill myself for hurting you" kinda attitued <_<

:sadder:
Actually, I always kind of agreed with Bella about how they were both too good for her. She was kinda whiny. I was totally Team Jacob, because they seemed like they'd mature well together. But the Loch Ness Monster totally saved the day!

Does anyone else think it's funny that we call it the Twilight series even though that's just the title of the first book?

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1706367' date='Nov 20 2008, 10:47 PM']Sigh. In my opinion, "Twilight" is a disgrace to real vampire fiction. Anne Rice, anyone?[/quote]

That woman that came back to the Catholic faith of her childhood and forsook writing vampire fiction for such awesome novels as [u]Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt[/u]? I imagine I'd love her vampire fiction from the scenes with Satan in CtLOoE. Her style was quite distinct when dealing with the dark, and very well written. :)

HisChildForever

[quote name='BG45' post='1706456' date='Nov 20 2008, 11:13 PM']That woman that came back to the Catholic faith of her childhood and forsook writing vampire fiction for such awesome novels as [u]Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt[/u]? I imagine I'd love her vampire fiction from the scenes with Satan in CtLOoE. Her style was quite distinct when dealing with the dark, and very well written. :)[/quote]

That is her, yes. Frankly, the Chronicles are perfect the way they are. I cannot imagine adding another book to them. Therefore, I would not say that she stopped writing them soley because of her returning to the Church - in fact, her vampire fiction had huge religious undertones. [u]Memnoch[/u] is the perfect example of this.

I've heard so much about her writing from so many different sources. :) Almost universally, hate it or love it for vampires, people tend to admit it's at the very least, well written. I remember the first time I visited her website, it was apparently after her reversion and suddenly I heard Ave Maria. I started wondering if I had opened my iTunes by accident when I realized I was hearing Ave Maria in a place I expected to read about her vampire novels! (I assume the film Interview with a Vampire doesn't hold a candle to the novel?)