An Old School Catholic Message Board

Choosing Between Church And Country

peregrinus_WA

Choosing  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

peregrinus_WA

From my [url="http://peregrinus.stblogs.com/"]blog[/url]:

With the recent trends in certain countries (including the United States where I live), a question and comments have arisen many times on a certain Catholic Forums board whether one is Catholic or a citizen on a particular country first.

[url="http://peregrinus.stblogs.com/2008/11/09/choosing-between-church-and-country/"]More Here[/url]

fides quarens intellectum

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1702763' date='Nov 16 2008, 02:59 PM']God is first, which is why I voted "Church (Catholic) First."[/quote]

true dat.

Well I consider myself a patriot, loyal to my country. I served my country under oath to protect and defend it's constitution from all enemies. I was willing to give my life if need be, at any time in any clime and place.

That being said, God > country. I am Catholic first, if the situation ever manifested that I had to make a choice it's with our Holy Mother Church.

Boy I hope we never have to make such a choice, and if we do I hope we all have the courage to stand by our convictions, uphold our honor and endure whatever the consequences will be.

Edited by Maximilianus

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1702763' date='Nov 16 2008, 04:59 PM']God is first, which is why I voted "Church (Catholic) First."[/quote]

It can be no other way.

Is there a single nation on earth who may withstand God's will?

If ever a choice must be made, then give onto Ceasar what belongs to Ceasar, give to God what belongs to God.

Edited by Didacus

I put my country above all else, as long as it's doing God's will. (Since that has never happened to 100%, God has always come first.)

[quote name='"Morgan' date=' Craig"']He grew up in a time,
When a third-grade education,
Was all the school you needed,
To work the family farm.
He'd take time off on Sunday,
Him and all his family,
warm a pew,
And give thanks to the Lord.

There was no gray, only black and white.
Didn't need no-one to tell him,
What was wrong or right.
'Cause he had God, Family, and Country.

He set aside his plow,
In early 1940,
Said goodbye to his small town,
And put on the Army green.
Hard Times on the front lines,
Writin' letters on wet paper,
Not one word about the awful things he'd seen.

His was a generation,
That answered without question.
They knew they had to win,
'Cause they were fightin' for...
God, Family, and Country.

On the coffee table,
Sits the family Bible,
Where just last year he added,
A little boy to the family tree.

There's the folded flag they gave us,
On the day he left us.
But the thing that I remember most,
Is the way that he...

Believed...

In God, Family, and Country...

Ohhh, we've got God...

Family...

And Country......[/quote]

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='peregrinus_WA' post='1702755' date='Nov 16 2008, 04:50 PM']From my [url="http://peregrinus.stblogs.com/"]blog[/url]:

With the recent trends in certain countries (including the United States where I live), a question and comments have arisen many times on a certain Catholic Forums board whether one is Catholic or a citizen on a particular country first.

[url="http://peregrinus.stblogs.com/2008/11/09/choosing-between-church-and-country/"]More Here[/url][/quote]

Um... didn't St. Paul kinda write something about this in Scripture?

Anybody who knows what the word "parishioner" knows the answer to this question.

peregrinus_WA

[quote name='Maximilianus' post='1703142' date='Nov 17 2008, 02:32 AM']Well I consider myself a patriot, loyal to my country. I served my country under oath to protect and defend it's constitution from all enemies. I was willing to give my life if need be, at any time in any clime and place.

That being said, God > country. I am Catholic first, if the situation ever manifested that I had to make a choice it's with our Holy Mother Church.

Boy I hope we never have to make such a choice, and if we do I hope we all have the courage to stand by our convictions, uphold our honor and endure whatever the consequences will be.[/quote]Unfortunately, it may be coming.

Revelation 13 : 16

It forced all the people, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to be given a stamped image on their right hands or their foreheads, so that no one could buy or sell except one who had the stamped image of the beast's name or the number that stood for his name.

hope this doesnt happen in our lifetime but if it does it will be scary.

Edited by Guest

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1703479' date='Nov 17 2008, 04:35 PM']Revelation 13 : 16

It forced all the people, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to be given a stamped image on their right hands or their foreheads, so that no one could buy or sell except one who had the stamped image of the beast's name or the number that stood for his name.

hope this doesnt happen in our lifetime but if it does it will be scary.[/quote]

I wonder how this will happen. Will it be obvious or will it occur in such a way only a few will pick up on it or could possible no one see it?

The end times are said to come as a thief comes at night, which would mean it will be a surprise. However the mark of the beast seems like it would be something obvious.

What if we had to get a mark on our left hands?

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1703692' date='Nov 17 2008, 10:49 PM']I wonder how this will happen. Will it be obvious or will it occur in such a way only a few will pick up on it or could possible no one see it?

The end times are said to come as a thief comes at night, which would mean it will be a surprise. However the mark of the beast seems like it would be something obvious.

What if we had to get a mark on our left hands?[/quote]

well i think it will be obvious to those who really love christ and follow him. the bible does say though that even the ellect will be decieved if that were possible.

the way it plays out in the bible is the antichrist is going to introduce some type of one world goverment. he might even try to confuse it with christianty and he will deffitenly attack the catholic church. you can already see how that is happening now. some christain sects dont even look at us as brothers and sisters in christ.

Some have started getting 'chip implants' in their hands, which identify them, and could possibly link to bank accounts adn countless other things.

As soon as we become a true "cashless" society, then we'll know it has happened. The governments of the world will recall all cash, and everyone will have to use debit card like things.

This will be done in order to combat "terrorism" and "drug trafficking".