An Old School Catholic Message Board

Refusing A Heart Transplant

Deeds

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1702385' date='Nov 16 2008, 01:16 AM']The ongoing disintegration of Christian theological knowledge in the Western world is truly sad.[/quote]

Uh, going out on a limb here....I have to agree with you, though I think we might be the only two...death is not dignified. It is unnatural, a result of our first parents' collusion with satan, not in keeping with God's original plan, and frankly death is extremely catastrophic. Death, in short, was never meant to be part of the human experience. We were never meant to suffer agonizing pain and then decay in the earth. I would absolutely agree that Christians in general have taken a too-non-chalant attitude towards death.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1702770' date='Nov 16 2008, 02:11 PM']Uh, going out on a limb here....I have to agree with you, though I think we might be the only two...death is not dignified. It is unnatural, a result of our first parents' collusion with satan, not in keeping with God's original plan, and frankly death is extremely catastrophic. Death, in short, was never meant to be part of the human experience. We were never meant to suffer agonizing pain and then decay in the earth. I would absolutely agree that Christians in general have taken a too-non-chalant attitude towards death.[/quote]

True, but on the other side of the coin is the very anti-Christian fear of death, so prevalent in the medical community. (Unless, of course, you're deemed to be a useless burden on your family, then they're all for murdering you in your sleep/womb.)

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1703206' date='Nov 17 2008, 08:18 AM']True, but on the other side of the coin is the very anti-Christian fear of death, so prevalent in the medical community. (Unless, of course, you're deemed to be a useless burden on your family, then they're all for murdering you in your sleep/womb.)[/quote]

I don't think that the medical community has this fear of death. I think that it is the families that do. Yes, some doctors and nurses will keep going and going well after someone is dead to try to revive them. However, as I have seen, it is more families and patients than the medical community as a whole.