An Old School Catholic Message Board

Father

dairygirl4u2c

If you had a child, what would compel you to not allow him or her into your house?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The only circumstance I can imagine where I would deny access to my house to one of my children if if the child in question qanted to enter the house with an intent to cause harm to others - i.e. the child in question was welding a weapon and screaming threats to my other siblings for example.

CatherineM

One of my brothers had to exclude one of my nephews from his house. He was 15, my brother had just married a woman with two small daughters that my nephew was acting lewdly towards. He came to live with me. He was also drinking and doing drugs. When he was 19, I finally had to ask him to leave. It was very difficult, but the people we was associating with began to scare me. He died 6 years later on the streets. I can't tell you how many treatment centers and detoxes he had been in. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but I was only 22 when he came to live with me, what did I know about parenting a troubled teenager. Making the decision to kick a kid out is never made lightly.

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1534289' date='May 19 2008, 10:10 PM']i am not sure i want to take that verse, where he says their father is the devil, and say those in hell are not children of God though. the reason, is because.... we're all called, saved and non saved, [i][b][u]while on earth[/u][/b][/i] to repentance etc, and that God loves the world etc. and, from human experience, seeing as we're made in the image of God... people always seem to say this, as was said.....[/quote]

Let the emphasis speak for itself.

Edited by Veridicus

dairygirl4u2c

yes, but pointing out that they are no longer on earth isn't fixing the situatin. earth is but one, place, the afterlife is another. when your child isn't in your house anymore, whereever the are, they're still your children. so, the child of God but in hell theory could work.

it has to be that they were never children of God, or.... a new idea,,, that they are disowned former children of God. if this theory is to work, that is.
i am not comfortable with all the people aswying they'd be unconditional children,,,, but for God, that children when gone are no longer children.

something to think about... kicked out v. willingly leaving and waiting for them to return. could work either way.

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

This must be an old poll because none of the choices would be reason for anyone to deny their child into their home.
If you are talking an earthly child of mine, I am not sure I could put them out. If they were a serious danger to themselves or others in the household, I would have them committed for a psych eval.
If you are talking about God and his children. I can't help you there. He doesn't discuss that much with me. I will have to wait for a while to get answers on that.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='kujo' post='1534811' date='May 20 2008, 02:18 PM']May none of us ever have to make this decision.[/quote]

I agree with this statement