An Old School Catholic Message Board

Father

dairygirl4u2c

If you had a child, what would compel you to not allow him or her into your house?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

IcePrincessKRS

Um... are you asking if I'd kick my child out of the house? I'm a little confused about your question.

Gray Eminence

[i]Laudetur Jesus Christus.[/i]

Of course, we’re always hoping that the child chooses to come into the house, doing everything possible to bring the child into the house, but also allowing the child the freedom to choose (God forbid) not to come into the house.

dairygirl4u2c

If you told your child not to lustfully look at a man (or a woman) and she/he did, would you not allow them into your house?

Gray Eminence

[i]Laudetur Jesus Christus.[/i]
Is the child really focusing on coming into the house or is the child really focusing on something else?

[b]Come unto me, all you that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart:
and you shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. [/b]
Matthew 11:28-30

This sounds like this is a defense of an ssa lifestyle.

All who break God's laws are at risk of being in grave danger.

Read Romans 1.... then read: [url="http://www.scripturecatholic.com/homosexuality.html"]http://www.scripturecatholic.com/homosexuality.html[/url]

Those who love God try to live by His rules... we all slip sometimes, but there are circumstances that we put ourselves in that can send us to hell.

There is a hell. Some people might go there.

No one can accept breaking of the rules, even if the breaking of the rules are not deadly.

If we love Christ, we keep His commandments.

It is not a philosophical problem dairy. Why do you try to make things philosophical when the Church has the power to bind and release given to it by Christ Himself?

It's black and white... there is no gray. Please, before responding, read this and the links and Romans 1, at least three times.... please try to understand this before you try to comment on it.

Your Servant in Christ,
ironmonk

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' date='Mar 11 2004, 05:23 PM'] If you told your child not to lustfully look at a man (or a woman) and she/he did, would you not allow them into your house? [/quote]
No, I would not refuse to allow my child into the house. I would encourage moral and chaste behavior, but I would not kick my child out.

dairygirl4u2c

I agree that they are not saved if they sin in that they are living lies but...

[quote]No, I would not refuse to allow my child into the house. I would encourage moral and chaste behavior, but I would not kick my child out. [/quote]

Does that mean that souls in hell are not children of God? What makes one a child of God?

Would you Ironmonk?

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

No they are not children of God. At one time they where one of his miracles but denied him,therefore get to join Lucifer.

IcePrincessKRS

Souls in Hell freely leave God and Heaven. If my child were to freely leave me and my home for a life of sin even though I had taught them right from wrong and tried to steer them on the path of good there is nothing more I can do but pray.

Its not a proper comparison to contrast us and our children to God and souls in Hell. While our children are alive they still have every opportunity to repent, once you're in hell there's no turning back. They don't just "get to join Lucifer", they CHOOSE to join Lucifer. In denying God they have made their choice against Him.

IcePrincessKRS

I was agreeing with you! :blush: I just thought I'd word it a little differently so dairygirl would see very clearly where you were coming from. ;)