An Old School Catholic Message Board

Religious Names Ii

Saint Therese

Maria_Faustina

Why, thank you very much! Now I'm excited. (Not that I wasn't excited about my name alone already). Although, now I also have even mORe possibilities to consider...sigh. :)

To pertain to the thread again, for my title I would love to include the Crucifixion somehow. I don't know how it would be worded yet, though. Or of the Divine Mercy, like someone above said. Or, of course, of the Blessed Sacrament.

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='Maria_Faustina' post='1688186' date='Oct 28 2008, 10:53 PM']Why, thank you very much! Now I'm excited. (Not that I wasn't excited about my name alone already). Although, now I also have even mORe possibilities to consider...sigh. :)

To pertain to the thread again, for my title I would love to include the Crucifixion somehow. I don't know how it would be worded yet, though. Or of the Divine Mercy, like someone above said. Or, of course, of the Blessed Sacrament.[/quote]

Oh, the possibilities are ENDLESS.

"Of our Crucified Lord"
"Of Jesus Crucified"
"Of the Crucified High Priest" (I like that one)
"Of the Crucifixion" (plain and simple)
"Of the Cross" (like St. John!)

I can't remember which order it was, but an elderly sister once told me that in her convent, the "calling name" of a sister was usually her title... leading to shout-outs like "Precious Blood! TELEPHONE!"

I thought it was hilarious.

The community I'm aspiring with (eight weeks till next visit, yeah! Then I'll be fitted for postulancy clothes, nailbite!) doesn't take titles. But if it did... I'd want to be either "Of the Lamb of God" or "Of the Trinity". None of the others come close, for me.

Saint Therese

I really like as a title ...of the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart.
And also .. of Our Lady of the Rosary.

Edited by Saint Therese

I would really like to be Sr. Marie Therese, but it's up to my superior. The novices told me that you change your choices for names a hundred times before you submit the list.

Carmeliteheart726

[quote name='Mari Therese' post='1688948' date='Oct 29 2008, 09:48 PM']I would really like to be Sr. Marie Therese, but it's up to my superior. The novices told me that you change your choices for names a hundred times before you submit the list.[/quote]

Do you have Facebook, my "name sister"?? LOL! Seriously, that name is so pretty :))

she_who_is_not

I think the name or title Rosa Mystica is nice. Sr. Mary of Rosa Mystica or just Sr. Rosa Mystica. The litany of loretto rocks.