An Old School Catholic Message Board

Well I Made It!

praying4carmel

praying4carmel

Dear Phamily,

I got my letter late Friday and I am accepted!!! I will enter on Nov. 1st at Vespers.

I cannot believe how this Journey has gone and how I am going to be a Benedictine Sister instead of a Carmelite One! It's amazing How this Discernment has worked. "Not my Will But thine, Oh Lord". He has definitely put me where HE wants me. It just goes to show me that what I thought about myself was a small part of what HE thought about me and how he could Use me. I will always love the Carmelite Charism, and the Carmelite Saints who are still helping me. It's just that for the type of work that He wants me to do, working with Recovering Alcoholics and Addicts etc. this is the House and Home for me.

Also, I am excited because I really have Open Hands as to my Formation. I will enjoy learning something new; Benedictine spirituality.

I feel tremendous Peace and Blessings. I cannot even begin to say enough "thank you's" to all of you who have prayed for me during this past year. I will keep you in Prayer as I have been doing.

After I enter I will post again and Let you know what is happening. Right now I am sorting weeding and Packing.

God's Grace and Peace be upon all of you,
Love,
+
Nancy

+Praised be Jesus Christ!

You are in all of our prayers! May you find peace, happiness and much joy as you begin a life of great grace. May the Lord be with you all the days of your life.

TradMom

[quote name='praying4carmel' post='1673459' date='Oct 9 2008, 03:34 PM']"Not my Will But thine, Oh Lord". He has definitely put me where HE wants me. It just goes to show me that what I thought about myself was a small part of what HE thought about me and how he could Use me.[/quote]

Congratulations. God bless you and continue to help you discerning.

What a wonderful entrance date All Saints is! It's also my birthday, so you're doubly lucky in my book. :)

God bless and good luck with everything!!

AccountDeleted

I am praying for you too - how wonderful for you. Yes, the whole discernment thing is a wonderful mystery that only God understands! I am praying for Carmel again, but as you say, He has his own plans, and we can only watch in awe and love as He unfolds His plan for each one of our lives.

Congratulations! :pray:

Nancy, I am so happy for you. When you returned from your time at the monastery your post all but glittered with happiness, and it seemed so obvious that this was indeed where the Lord was leading you...and to be entering on one of the most wonderful an charitable, grace-filled Holy Days - you'll have all the saints in heaven praying for you as you begin!

Former PM'er St. Imelda Pray for Us will be entering her novitiate (w/ the Summit Dominicans) on the same day, so you'll be "sisters" in spirit in another way! I pray for all of you, and rejoice with you, Nancy, on your wonderful beginning!

Dame Agnes

Thats wonderful news, congratulations - yeeeeeeeeeeeeesss another into our Benedictine family,
enjoy these next few weeks - it's about 3 isn't it? - so not long, Maybe you could do a count
down like someone else did here. pax sr marie therese.