An Old School Catholic Message Board

Should You Tell Your Children About Santa?

eagle_eye222001

Santa and the children  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[indent]Eventually, your children will know that Santa Claus is just a figure of Christmas holiday. And whether you will tell them today or they will find out tomorrow, is immaterial. Let them play and be happy because they are still young. But advice them to read the Holy Scripture when they grow up, Do whatever they say ‘commandment of God’ and do not stop until they hear God themselves. [/indent]

One of the many "Santa" threads that get started every year. Believing in Santa does not detract from the true meaning of Christmas. It can and should be only a compliment to the Birth of Christ not a substitute, for example the yard signs where you see Santa kneeling before the cradle of Christ. Its all for the glory of the day.

Don’t get me wrong it is not perfect like why did Brett down the street get a Playstation from Santa and my son did not and such but you deal with it situationally. I do take a little exception to the movies that place the whole existence of Christmas on whether Santa can deliver gifts or not but even those are harmless if you follow up with your children.

Santa has come to my house every year since I was little and now he does for my children and my beliefs and theirs will not change because of it. Did yours? You can do what you want, it’s your life, but I enjoy seeing my little boys’ reaction when they see the cookies half eaten and the presents under the tree. It only happens for a short time then the innocence is lost and another reality of the world is revealed. I’m not looking forward to it.