An Old School Catholic Message Board

Apathetic Catholic Or Faithful Protestant?

MissyP89

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

eagle_eye222001

I don't know. I would think maybe that.....uhhh....never mind. I am not going to speculate on this until I get God's grading formula. I wonder what it looks like?

Where hell < purgatory < heaven

h < p < H

Yourlife = [((W)(F)-(SK)) + ((G^2)*R)] / sec(2*((8*17*PI)/136))

where

W = good works
F = faith
S = sins unforgiven
R = Roman Catholic
K = constant = 2.99 x 10^8 m/s
G = God's grace
pi = about 3.1415926535

Edited by eagle_eye222001

I'd have to say faithful Protestant, as long as one is truly acting on his/her conscience. Although I of course believe the Catholic Church is Christ's true Church, I don't think God cares about your nominal religion if you're not practicing it. -Katie

princessgianna

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1660233' date='Sep 20 2008, 07:14 PM']I don't know. I would think maybe that.....uhhh....never mind. I am not going to speculate on this until I get God's grading formula. I wonder what it looks like?

h < p < H

where

W = good works
F = faith
S = sins unforgiven
R = Roman Catholic
G = God's grace
pi = about 3.1415926535[/quote]
:lol_above:

rizz_loves_jesus

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1659417' date='Sep 19 2008, 05:54 PM']However, if the Catholic was dying it's likely he would call a priest and receive the Sacraments, in which case (if he received them worthily and then died before committing any other mortal sin) he would be saved.[/quote]

If they're truly apathetic, though, chances are they're going to call their family and friends rather than a priest.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1659330' date='Sep 19 2008, 03:18 PM']To those given greater gifts, also comes greater responsibility. Once you know the truth, and turn your back to it, you choose to walk in the dark.[/quote]

[quote name='MissyP89' post='1659407' date='Sep 19 2008, 05:40 PM']For the curious, I voted for the Protestant. I think there is a greater chance for salvation for those outside the Truth than for those within it who, like CatherineM said, are held to a higher standard. To know the Truth as a Catholic does and reject it is grave indeed.[/quote]

Agreed, but ...

I think that one of the places where our Church really is struggling is in catechesis of her followers. A Catholic, who was once practicing, but became lapsed, may have [b]practiced[/b] truth while living out their Catholic faith, but may not have known or believed in that truth due to improper training in the faith. I think that this would serve as a mitigating factor in the sin of lapsing.

Now, if this Catholic had been, say, a former priest or Church scholar, who had been brought up in full knowledge of the faith, that is a different matter ...

[quote name='rizz_loves_jesus' post='1660549' date='Sep 21 2008, 01:17 PM']If they're truly apathetic, though, chances are they're going to call their family and friends rather than a priest.[/quote]

Well, I know that if, God forbid, in the future I stopped practicing the Catholic faith, though still believing in it, if I were dying, I would get a priest to administer the Sacraments to me ASAP!

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1662331' date='Sep 23 2008, 10:39 PM']Well, I know that if, God forbid, in the future I stopped practicing the Catholic faith, though still believing in it, if I were dying, I would get a priest to administer the Sacraments to me ASAP![/quote]
haha asap
i agree

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1659510' date='Sep 19 2008, 06:38 PM']I refuse to speculate. I don't feel that we're at all qualified to even begin to understand how God sees the situation.[/quote]

ditto.

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1660233' date='Sep 20 2008, 07:14 PM']I don't know. I would think maybe that.....uhhh....never mind. I am not going to speculate on this until I get God's grading formula. I wonder what it looks like?

h < p < H

where

W = good works
F = faith
S = sins unforgiven
R = Roman Catholic
G = God's grace
pi = about 3.1415926535[/quote]
:rolling:

I missed this before! I like that being Roman Catholic is an exponent. I wonder what the possible values are.

That constant is kind of scary. Sin times the speed of light!?!?! Eep. Better hope that that baby is zero...

Hilarious. :twothumbsup:

Don John of Austria

[quote name='mortify' post='1659387' date='Sep 19 2008, 05:10 PM']Is it better for a rad-trad to accept Vatican II out of obedience to Rome, or should she be true to her feelings and reject it? Which is the lesser evil?[/quote]

Wait are we talking about Vatican II or what people say VII said, or what is in the "spirit of Vatican II"?