An Old School Catholic Message Board

Finally Entering!

FutureScholastica

[quote name='FutureScholastica' post='1642308' date='Aug 30 2008, 01:18 PM']In two weeks, on September 14th, I'm entering entering the Benedictine monastery of the Sacred Heart here in Sweden, as a postulant.

I'm excited about finally entering and in some ways time feels like it's moving at a snail's pace, but at the same time I'm becoming more and more nervous about entering and I feel like time is running out. How can I leave everything behind? How can someone as flawed as I possibly hope to fit in in a monastery?

I know that it is normal have conflicting emotions about entering and to vacillate between elation and sorrow, but that doesn't make it any easier. It's especially hard leaving my mother as she is a widow and I'm an only child. She's also not a Catholic (and only a nominal christian) and doesn't "get" becoming a nun.

Please pray for me and for my mother, that my entrance may not be too hard on her. I'm also asking you to pray for my conversion sponsor who will be making first profession as a Dominican sister on September 8th, together with another girl.

Suzanne[/quote]

How wonderful to see another Scandinavia here (that is leaving :topsy: ) Scandinavia needs nuns. All of these feelings I would imagine are quite normal, and every vocation comes with sacrifice, embrace them as Christ embraced the cross, he knows so very well what you are going to, leaving your mother behind e.g. I'll pray a decade for you, and one for your sponsor. May God bless you abundantly.