An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Must Morals Come From God And Not Anywhere Else?

Fidei Defensor

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Majella' post='1647070' date='Sep 4 2008, 03:47 AM']God is all good.
He sometimes allows evil , whether to change us, to reprimand us, to bring about a greater good, we don't know!
God DOES NOT order the killing of people, babies, etc!
It are our sins which brought evil into the world, not God!!![/quote]

God is all Good... or more correctly, God is Good as a state of being. However, God does in fact order the killing of people when it suits his purpose, this includes the killing of women and children, further he has commited such acts much more directly, in the destruction of cities by his own hand. The concept that God laying waste to a city is some how evil or that his command to exterminate a town, or group or even an entire people is some how evil shows a profound miss understanding of the word. God is the giver of life, He gave it freely and He created from nothing, we are His to do with what He wills, and there is no Evil in that. To be Evil is to act agianst God and Gods will, He of course cannot do that, therefore it is absolutly impossible for God to be Evil.

As for sin and Evil, our sin did not exactly bring evil into the World, our choice to sin brought evil into the world, sin is in fact evil in itself. I think what you might be looking for is that our sin brought death into the World... and that of course is true, but bring it we did and how God uses it is not ours to Judge.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Winchester' post='1647115' date='Sep 4 2008, 09:10 AM']Dude, go to work.[/quote]

I got here early

[quote name='Don John of Austria' post='1647012' date='Sep 4 2008, 12:52 AM']You say these things as if they are immoral? As if violence is in itself immoral... which of course it is not. All things God does are good... destruction of cities, killing the first born etc, etc. these are inherently good because God is the arbiter of GOODNESS, He is the origin of goodness, He is GOODNESS! To try and judge Him be the rules which He has set out for us is like tring to judge a parent by the rules that they have set forth for there infant child... simply not reasonable.[/quote]

<_< Are you telling me that murder, if God does it, is good?

[quote name='Kitty' post='1647688' date='Sep 4 2008, 09:08 PM']<_< Are you telling me that murder, if God does it, is good?[/quote]

God doesn't decide to kill someone in cold blood, which is murder. Both the Law and the Old Testament say if someone protects someone from harm from another by killing that person attacking another is innocent of murder. It's call self-defense, and it does include people protecting you from harm.

In the past God has not murdered anybody. He has created floods that destroyed all but Noah, his wife, his children and their wives, because violence filled the land. You think it's bad right now. Imagine a world filled with Cannibals eating people they could kill. So God killed a bunch of people, while protecting a group of people who were not like that. Hmmm, sounds like self-defense to me.

The people of the land of Canaan sacrificed their babies to Molech in fire! God wanted the Israelites to go in there and wipe them out because he didn't want his people to adopt the Canaanites ways of life. Hmmmmm, sounds like he was against the murder of innocent babies, like today. Any Child of God who can be fooled into agreeing with Abortion and Pro-Choice should be reminded by their fellow Christians, the only group of people who did something similar to that in the Bible were suppose to be destroyed by the Israelites! Now, don't get any ideas, God hasn't called for us to do that. . . Yet. I have a feeling many Abortion Doctors aren't going to like when Joel Chapter 2 happens. To say the least, they will be at least out of a job. .

Anytime someone dies in scripture, its because the person is always trying to harm God's people in someway.

I've come to the conclusion, through Bible Study, God brings judgement upon those who judge others. That's it, that's all. You want to kill one of God's children, face the consequence of your action, filth!

Hope that clears up why God has killed people in the past according to scripture.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Kitty' post='1647688' date='Sep 4 2008, 09:08 PM']<_< Are you telling me that murder, if God does it, is good?[/quote]

God cannot murder, just as one cannot vandalize ones own property, we are His creation, we belong to Him, "God giveth and God taketh away" ...He is GOD! Even taking the fact that God cannot murder and putting it aside, if God commands one to kill then the killing is not murder but the most Just of acts, for GOD has commanded it. All that God does is Good, all that God commands is Good, All that God wills is Good.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1647734' date='Sep 4 2008, 09:49 PM']God doesn't decide to kill someone in cold blood, which is murder. Both the Law and the Old Testament say if someone protects someone from harm from another by killing that person attacking another is innocent of murder. It's call self-defense, and it does include people protecting you from harm.

In the past God has not murdered anybody. He has created floods that destroyed all but Noah, his wife, his children and their wives, because violence filled the land. You think it's bad right now. Imagine a world filled with Cannibals eating people they could kill. So God killed a bunch of people, while protecting a group of people who were not like that. Hmmm, sounds like self-defense to me.

The people of the land of Canaan sacrificed their babies to Molech in fire! God wanted the Israelites to go in there and wipe them out because he didn't want his people to adopt the Canaanites ways of life. Hmmmmm, sounds like he was against the murder of innocent babies, like today. Any Child of God who can be fooled into agreeing with Abortion and Pro-Choice should be reminded by their fellow Christians, the only group of people who did something similar to that in the Bible were suppose to be destroyed by the Israelites! Now, don't get any ideas, God hasn't called for us to do that. . . Yet. I have a feeling many Abortion Doctors aren't going to like when Joel Chapter 2 happens. To say the least, they will be at least out of a job. .

Anytime someone dies in scripture, its because the person is always trying to harm God's people in someway.

I've come to the conclusion, through Bible Study, God brings judgement upon those who judge others. That's it, that's all. You want to kill one of God's children, face the consequence of your action, filth!

Hope that clears up why God has killed people in the past according to scripture.[/quote]

Well a few things... Biblicaly speeking there were no cannibals before the flood, there was not predation before the flood, the lion lay with the lamb, no one ate meat. Meat eating is a post flood thing. Also God kills plenty of people in scripture who were not Judging anyone, in the New Testament as well I might add.