An Old School Catholic Message Board

No Good News At Olam?

DameAgnes

I occurred to me today that I haven't read any good news out of the PCPA's at OLAM in quite a while. No investitures for 2008, at all among the 2007 postulants, so far. Perhaps we can all say a prayer in particular for the postulants and novices in formation in that house?

[quote name='DameAgnes' post='1638248' date='Aug 25 2008, 10:31 PM']I occurred to me today that I haven't read any good news out of the PCPA's at OLAM in quite a while. No investitures for 2008, at all among the 2007 postulants, so far. Perhaps we can all say a prayer in particular for the postulants and novices in formation in that house?[/quote]

I know that one postulant was invested in January, but she left this spring... Also there was supposed to be another investment at the beginning of August... maybe they just havent gotten around to posting pics yet. There have been a couple of new postulants though, and a first profession-pics on the website olamshrine.com

+

Consider also that there is no room for new individuals at OLAM until current individuals leave. So, if you are not hearing much -that is okay! It means individuals aren't leaving.

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1638603' date='Aug 26 2008, 05:07 PM']How many other convents have sprung from the OLAM?[/quote]

Two founded wholly from there, [url="http://www.desertnuns.com"]Our Lady of Solitude[/url] and the very new one at Our Lady of the Atonement Church in Texas.

They also helped re-found the founding monastery in France (along with nuns from other PCPA monasteries), and sent sisters to help with St Joseph's Monastery as well.

Edited by rosamundi

The Texas foundation sounds exciting. I wish the AZ sisters were having better luck attracting novices. But I think it must be difficult when some see how daunting it is to begin a foundation.

They will be having another investiture on January 21, God willing. And several of the sisters are up for final profession next year, I believe. God bless OLAM :)

[quote name='sunnysideup' post='1639175' date='Aug 26 2008, 11:02 PM']Do you know if Sr. Sandra was invested? I met her once and she was soo sweet![/quote]
Not sure--she was still a postulant when I saw, but everyone talked like her investiture would be one of the next ones coming up. She is really sweet--I just love her!

When a new convent is founded, do they remain part of the original convent, or do they become independent?

[quote name='Era Might' post='1639230' date='Aug 26 2008, 11:27 PM']When a new convent is founded, do they remain part of the original convent, or do they become independent?[/quote]

+

I believe all PCPA communities remain autonomous.

[quote name='Veritas' post='1639239' date='Aug 26 2008, 10:39 PM']+

I believe all PCPA communities remain autonomous.[/quote]

That's correct :saint:

Until the community is official, though, there is still some connection with the founding community and its superiors.

Edited by Totus Tuus

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='sunnysideup' post='1650897' date='Sep 8 2008, 07:01 PM']NEW POSTULANT!

Sr. Sarah Marie from Minesota entered on July 16, 2008.

YAY and prayers for her![/quote]

+

FANTASTIC!! Does anyone know what diocese she's from?