An Old School Catholic Message Board

God's Existance

MakeYouThink

This is not a thread about God's existence. This is a thread of bickering and a scientific article which may or may not be the last word on its data.

There are REAL arguments for the existence of God out there (Ahem...St. Thomas Aquinas' five arguments anyone?), so why don't we focus on one or more of those? Plenty of other good ones, too: THe morality argument, the mind-matter argument...

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Lord Philip' post='1638657' date='Aug 26 2008, 10:20 AM']This is not a thread about God's existence. This is a thread of bickering and a scientific article which may or may not be the last word on its data.

There are REAL arguments for the existence of God out there (Ahem...St. Thomas Aquinas' five arguments anyone?), so why don't we focus on one or more of those? Plenty of other good ones, too: THe morality argument, the mind-matter argument...[/quote]
I would actually like a good discussion about those argument. I'm not against them, per se. I think they are at least sound arguments.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1638646' date='Aug 26 2008, 09:55 AM']And I will apologize to him, publicly, after he apologizes to everybody for saying what he said about Jesus above.

I hope, Cmom, that you can agree that he should give a public apology for saying what he said, because if that doesn't anger you, like it has angered me, well. :getaclue:

I wonder why the rules didn't apply to him when he posted that. That's disrespectful to the invisible member of this forum, the one that sees every post made. Remember, Jesus is a member here too.[/quote]
I apologize if you're offended by what I say, but I still stand by my original statement. It's not offensive unless you make it to be. I was using the word as it is properly defined.

bas·tard /ˈbæstərd/ [bas-terd]
–noun 1. a person born of unmarried parents; an illegitimate child

And you know what? [mod]Disrespectful speech toward Our Lord. --Era Might[/mod]The guy says Jesus only had a mother and that he was an XX male!

However, I will take your word for it when you say that Joseph and Mary were married when he was born and will admit then that I was incorrect.

MakeYouThink

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1638704' date='Aug 26 2008, 12:15 PM']I apologize if you're offended by what I say, but I still stand by my original statement. It's not offensive unless you make it to be. I was using the word as it is properly defined.

bas·tard /ˈbæstərd/ [bas-terd]
–noun 1. a person born of unmarried parents; an illegitimate child

And you know what? [mod]Disrespectful speech toward Our Lord. --Era Might[/mod] The guy says Jesus only had a mother and that he was an XX male!

However, I will take your word for it when you say that Joseph and Mary were married when he was born and will admit then that I was incorrect.[/quote]

I accept your apology.

Remember, the first rule of the forum is

A post or comment that has nothing to do with the topic, but is specifically meant to upset or criticize another person or group of people. This includes, but is not limited to, calling people "heretics" (used in a derogatory manner), "democrooks", etc.

When you said what you said, it was in a topic about homosexuality, so it was definitely off topic and meant to upset people.

You can disagree with us, but please do so respectfully. You can even be humorous, and give a dig, but do so with respect for the other person's POV..

I also apologize for getting nasty with you, so lets this become water under the bridge.

MakeYouThink

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1638714' date='Aug 26 2008, 12:21 PM']I accept your apology.

Remember, the first rule of the forum is

A post or comment that has nothing to do with the topic, but is specifically meant to upset or criticize another person or group of people. This includes, but is not limited to, calling people "heretics" (used in a derogatory manner), "democrooks", etc.

When you said what you said, it was in a topic about homosexuality, so it was definitely off topic and meant to upset people.

You can disagree with us, but please do so respectfully. You can even be humorous, and give a dig, but do so with respect for the other person's POV..

I also apologize for getting nasty with you, so lets this become water under the bridge.[/quote]

I would have to say, the Donkey Picture is about how far we can do with this stuff, because it was just a humorous dig at you.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1638731' date='Aug 26 2008, 12:02 PM']You two are too much. It's like you follow each other around the boards. :ninja:[/quote]
:ninja: I'm watching you...

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1638400' date='Aug 26 2008, 02:11 AM']Since you don't answer to us or our 'little' god, your opinion doesn't matter.

The fact, you don't bring up the three cosmic singularities that exist outside of time and space that created all that we see, I will just consider your thoughts completely wrong.

[b]I have an idea. Since my Father told your father to go on his belly and lick dust, I suggest you be just like him, get on the ground and go clean my floor by licking up all the dirt with your filthy tongue![/b][/quote]

That was very unkind. <_<

HisChildForever

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1638735' date='Aug 26 2008, 02:05 PM']:ninja: I'm watching you...[/quote]

:mellow:

MakeYouThink

[quote name='Selah' post='1638738' date='Aug 26 2008, 02:07 PM']That was very unkind. <_<[/quote]

We've already apologized to each other, so no need to hash up already forgotten stuff. Yeah, it was unkind.

MakeYouThink

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1638735' date='Aug 26 2008, 02:05 PM']:ninja: I'm watching you...[/quote]

Are you :drunk: ?

That might be considered stalking. . .

MakeYouThink

[quote name='pan!c139' post='1638768' date='Aug 26 2008, 01:38 PM']You people are CRAZY!!!!!!!! :wacko:[/quote]

I'm :unsure: of that. Well, come to :bigthink: about it, maybe I am :wacko: !

You're right!

Can I get my meds now!

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1638749' date='Aug 26 2008, 12:14 PM']Are you :drunk: ?

That might be considered stalking. . .[/quote]
No, I'm :kitten: .... oops. I mean I'm :mario: !