An Old School Catholic Message Board

What I Think

alimarie_11

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1635541' date='Aug 23 2008, 01:44 PM']No, actually it's sodomy. Which is a sin so grave that Holy Scripture says it cries to heaven for vengeance.

People have differing opinions on the physical nature of homosexual behavior, but I personally do not consider it to even be sex. Sex is something God created and it was created for male and female together. God did not create the homosexual act. That is an abomination of human beings. Therefore, I deduce that what homosexuals do cannot rightfully be called sex. And thus, it's not fornication. Fornication is a word that means "sex before marriage". As what gays do is unnatural--it is not sex. And since gays can't rightully marry either, the word fornication does not truly apply to what they do.

What gay men do is not sex; it's sodomy. What gay women do is not sex; it's co-masturbation.[/quote]

Right. But I was keeping it simple and addressing the point of view of the original poster, who I believe would not make that distinction.

KnightofChrist

When the original poster returns I would very much like a response to [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?s=&showtopic=84008&view=findpost&p=1635546"]post 8 of this thread[/url].

dairygirl4u2c

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1635546' date='Aug 23 2008, 12:51 PM']If all you need is 'love', there are many other perverse relationships that would say they 'love' each other. Honestly if it's ok to allow men to marry men based on love, why not also a brother to his sister, or a mother to her son, or a father and his daughter, or even a father and his son? All consenting adults that 'love' each other. Why not them too?[/quote]

and add to these generally goods points the idea that why settle for one spouse whe nyou can have many. etc
love means many things to many people, but sometimes what one does in the name of love is objectively wrong. that's whey, if you can find objective answers, then you should hold to them fast.
i said generally good,,, causei think a distinction could be made between incest would causes deformed kids and other behavior. hte father son thing might work though etc. and the general point was good.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1635546' date='Aug 23 2008, 03:51 PM']If all you need is 'love', there are many other perverse relationships that would say they 'love' each other. Honestly if it's ok to allow men to marry men based on love, why not also a brother to his sister, or a mother to her son, or a father and his daughter, or even a father and his son? All consenting adults that 'love' each other. Why not them too?[/quote]

What's wrong with incest? There was some brother and sister couple in the news recently and they really seemed happy together. I don't think any reasonable person could oppose their love for each other. Obviously abusive relationships are a different matter, but two consenting adults and in love, don't see anything wrong with that.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Semalsia' post='1635777' date='Aug 23 2008, 05:59 PM']What's wrong with incest? There was some brother and sister couple in the news recently and they really seemed happy together. I don't think any reasonable person could oppose their love for each other. Obviously abusive relationships are a different matter, but two consenting adults and in love, don't see anything wrong with that.[/quote]

:shock:

My only comment is that I think it takes a lot of guts for you to say what you think and voice your concerns to an obviously very Catholic crowd. :) So I commend you for that.

Madame Vengier

These remarks are getting disgusting and perverted and should frankly be ignored. Ya'll can do what you want, but I sincerely think certain things don't deserve an intelligent exchange of ideas, such as the outragous and offensive assertion that there is nothing wrong with incest and that a sexual relationship between brother and sister is romantic.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Semalsia' post='1635777' date='Aug 23 2008, 04:59 PM']What's wrong with incest? There was some brother and sister couple in the news recently and they really seemed happy together. I don't think any reasonable person could oppose their love for each other. Obviously abusive relationships are a different matter, but two consenting adults and in love, don't see anything wrong with that.[/quote]

Which would be the only logical conclusion if one supports homosexual unions based on love, thankfully however homosexual unions are illogical so your stance is also illogical. As for adulthood it is mostly based on what the government says it is, if one denies, or defies God or the Will of God.

If the government where to take heed to the Man Boy Association, the consenting age or adulthood would be lowered to 12 or under. Also, their are other groups that are pushing to give person hood to animals. Again if all you need is love, some very wicked and sick unions are possible, some even you would not support, hopefully.

Edited by KnightofChrist

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Semalsia' post='1635777' date='Aug 23 2008, 06:59 PM']What's wrong with incest? There was some brother and sister couple in the news recently and they really seemed happy together. I don't think any reasonable person could oppose their love for each other. Obviously abusive relationships are a different matter, but two consenting adults and in love, don't see anything wrong with that.[/quote]
We are not animals that mate indiscriminately when in heat. I don't see how any reasonable person could accept a man whoring with his sister and still pretend to have any stardards of existance at all.

KnightofChrist

The original poster sounds like a good person who has been mislead. I pray that she, like us, is against marriage between family members. If she is I pray she understands that she is just as 'guilty' of the 'sin' she says we are guilty of for being against homosexual unions.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='alimarie_11' post='1635490' date='Aug 23 2008, 10:57 AM']it doesn't settle in my heart of make me feel good.[/quote]
Important thing I missed the first time around:
'Feeling good' has little to do with things. Truth does not always have to inspire a warm, fuzzy feeling.