An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ugh. Being A Catholic On A Fundie Forum Is Exausting At Times...

Selah

HisChildForever

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1635188' date='Aug 22 2008, 09:54 PM']Ummm, LOL!

No intentions. Just saying something nice about you.[/quote]

"Sick" is another way of saying "cool" or "awesome."

[quote name='Selah' post='1635207' date='Aug 22 2008, 10:07 PM']Are you trying to have me killed... :mellow:

:P[/quote]They won't hurt you. They are unarmed nincompoops.

MakeYouThink

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1635211' date='Aug 22 2008, 09:08 PM']"Sick" is another way of saying "cool" or "awesome."[/quote]

LOL!

That shows how little I understand the younger generation. Frick!

LOL! :lol_roll:

MakeYouThink

[quote name='Winchester' post='1635218' date='Aug 22 2008, 09:12 PM']They won't hurt you. They are unarmed nincompoops.[/quote]

LOL!

You crack me up! :lol_roll:

[quote name='Winchester' post='1635218' date='Aug 22 2008, 11:12 PM']They won't hurt you. They are unarmed nincompoops.[/quote]

Ah, so they're like an army of Budges? :P

Edited by Selah

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1635195' date='Aug 22 2008, 11:01 PM']I might actually believe this, but there is just one thing. God says there is only one time of resurrection in scripture, and that is after the tribulation period. I use this against pre-tribbers, and since this is the greatest example of pre-trib I have ever seen, I think it should be used here.

The resurrection of the dead and mortality putting on immortality happens only once, and after the tribulation, so unless you are saying that God is going to make a second resurrection, you will have to really, really, really give me a full proof argument for me to believe.[/quote]
1. with Christ's ressurection came the ressurection of many saints.
2. this was not a ressurection but an assumption, she did not raise from the dead to live again upon the earth, her body was taken up to heaven and glorified there. the final resurection in the parousia will ressurect the body and it will live in the new heavens and new earth... that is the full promise of the ressurection of the body
3. because the body was assumed and brought into glorified life in heaven where time does not apply, ie eternity; in relation to the timeline her body was assumed and brought into eternal glory at a time other than the final ressurection of the dead, but in the light of eternity her ressurection is one in the same with the promised ressurection of the dead.

question: when the tombs were opened with Christ's ressurection, did the just who rose then ascend and recieve glorified bodies?

MakeYouThink

[quote name='Aloysius' post='1635238' date='Aug 22 2008, 09:23 PM']1. with Christ's ressurection came the ressurection of many saints.
2. this was not a ressurection but an assumption, she did not raise from the dead to live again upon the earth, her body was taken up to heaven and glorified there. the final resurection in the parousia will ressurect the body and it will live in the new heavens and new earth... that is the full promise of the ressurection of the body
3. because the body was assumed and brought into glorified life in heaven where time does not apply, ie eternity; in relation to the timeline her body was assumed and brought into eternal glory at a time other than the final ressurection of the dead, but in the light of eternity her ressurection is one in the same with the promised ressurection of the dead.

question: when the tombs were opened with Christ's ressurection, did the just who rose then ascend and recieve glorified bodies?[/quote]

They stayed in they're graves.

Now, I see there is somewhat of a play on words here, between assumption and resurrection, so, we can debate that, because there is a premises behind that those two are not the same thing.

[quote name='Selah' post='1635222' date='Aug 22 2008, 10:13 PM']Ah, so they're like an army of Budges? :P[/quote]
No. I think Budge has a gun.

MakeYouThink

Or maybe we shouldn't be religously biased at all, and accept there many honest people who want to live for God and not care!

Edited by MakeYouThink

Farsight one

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1635149' date='Aug 22 2008, 09:07 PM']Are you trying to be a troll?

If you're going to go on and talk about Catholic Doctrine in a forum you know people are going to disagree with you, then you're asking for a head ache.[/quote]Then what the heck are you doing here? Aren't you, talking about theological beliefs that you know we're going to disagree with, then "you're asking for a head ache"

Vincent Vega

[quote name='Farsight one' post='1635328' date='Aug 23 2008, 12:50 AM']Then what the heck are you doing here? Aren't you, talking about theological beliefs that you know we're going to disagree with, then "you're asking for a head ache"[/quote]
Brother, remember the bit about the log in your own eye.

Farsight one

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1635335' date='Aug 23 2008, 12:59 AM']Brother, remember the bit about the log in your own eye.[/quote]Eh?

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1635335' date='Aug 23 2008, 12:59 AM']Brother, remember the bit about the log in your own eye.[/quote]
Irony.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='Farsight one' post='1635365' date='Aug 23 2008, 01:56 AM']Eh?[/quote]
I'm just sayin', charity never hurts.