An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ugh. Being A Catholic On A Fundie Forum Is Exausting At Times...

Selah

MakeYouThink

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1635163' date='Aug 22 2008, 08:33 PM']Did you address Selah?[/quote]

Since Selah was the person who started this topic, I figured it was just for Selah, not anybody else here.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1635170' date='Aug 22 2008, 09:41 PM']Okay, I just wanted to know.

Don't get to upset. I was just asking a question.

However, you need to be prepared for the things said on the message board because they have a certain POV.

First, they are youngsters. They have no brain in they're heads. Very few people under the age of 25 have any clue about life and how to treat people, so chill. They are going to say stupid things that will get you angry. They are going to post flamebait.

I thought many of they're responses were immature, and not worth reading.[/quote]
It never hurts to try and educate.
Plus, don't discredit young people from having the capacity of learning. Maturity comes at many different ages (and sometimes not at all).

Vincent Vega

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1635172' date='Aug 22 2008, 09:42 PM']Since Selah was the person who started this topic, I figured it was just for Selah, not anybody else here.[/quote]
Well, if you're asking an exclusive question, it might be beneficial to all parties involved to indicate that.

HisChildForever

[quote]Very few people under the age of 25 have any clue about life and how to treat people, so chill.[/quote]

I'm 20.

MakeYouThink

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1635176' date='Aug 22 2008, 08:45 PM']I'm 20.[/quote]

You're one of the exceptions, because you educate yourself.

HisChildForever

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1635178' date='Aug 22 2008, 09:47 PM']You're one of the exceptions, because you educate yourself.[/quote]

That's sick. :smokey:

MakeYouThink

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1635173' date='Aug 22 2008, 08:44 PM']It never hurts to try and educate.
Plus, don't discredit young people from having the capacity of learning. Maturity comes at many different ages (and sometimes not at all).[/quote]

I recognize that. Maturity definitely comes from life experience. I'm basically saying to Selah not to worry too much. Many of them just want to insult people who think differently. It happens all over the world. Everybody thinks their culture is the best culture and everybody should adopt what they do. Young people are definitely more likely to indulge in this, especially young men, because they have too much testosterone!

MakeYouThink

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1635181' date='Aug 22 2008, 08:49 PM']That's sick. :smokey:[/quote]

Ummm, LOL!

No intentions. Just saying something nice about you.

The belief that Mary did not die at all has no basis in Catholic teaching or Tradition, though Catholic teaching does not exclude the possibility that she did not die, it tends to assume based upon the most ancient traditions that Mary died, was placed in the tomb and after three days the tomb was filled with Roses, her body having been assumed with her soul into heaven. the declaration on the assumption of the blessed virgin refers to it happening "at the end of her earthly life" which is probably the origin of the idea that Mary did not die at all (a belief not found throughout the history of the Church with numerous references in Religious art to the Dormition of the Blessed Virgin) since the statement is ambiguous enough that one might interpret it that way. :cyclops:

MakeYouThink

[quote name='Aloysius' post='1635190' date='Aug 22 2008, 09:55 PM']The belief that Mary did not die at all has no basis in Catholic teaching or Tradition, though Catholic teaching does not exclude the possibility that she did not die, it tends to assume based upon the most ancient traditions that Mary died, was placed in the tomb and after three days the tomb was filled with Roses, her body having been assumed with her soul into heaven. the declaration on the assumption of the blessed virgin refers to it happening "at the end of her earthly life" which is probably the origin of the idea that Mary did not die at all (a belief not found throughout the history of the Church with numerous references in Religious art to the Dormition of the Blessed Virgin) since the statement is ambiguous enough that one might interpret it that way. :cyclops:[/quote]

I might actually believe this, but there is just one thing. God says there is only one time of resurrection in scripture, and that is after the tribulation period. I use this against pre-tribbers, and since this is the greatest example of pre-trib I have ever seen, I think it should be used here.

The resurrection of the dead and mortality putting on immortality happens only once, and after the tribulation, so unless you are saying that God is going to make a second resurrection, you will have to really, really, really give me a full proof argument for me to believe.

Edited by MakeYouThink

MakeYouThink

[quote name='Winchester' post='1635199' date='Aug 22 2008, 10:03 PM']Post huge sections of the catechism.

You want a real headache, go to the michael moore forums.[/quote]

LOL! :lol_roll:

[quote]You want a real headache, go to the michael moore forums[/quote]

Are you trying to have me killed... :mellow:

:P