An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ugh. Being A Catholic On A Fundie Forum Is Exausting At Times...

Selah

[url="http://www.christianteenforums.com/index.php?showtopic=45065&pid=1021584&st=0&#entry1021584"]http://www.christianteenforums.com/index.p...p;#entry1021584[/url]

:ohno:

Yeesh. And on another note, I think I bit off more than I can chew when I joined these forums. It's like they don't listen to facts...

Prayers please :(

Edit: Darn it! wrong section! Move this please :P lol

Edited by Selah

There are people that really don't want to be confused by the facts. I would probably prefer banging my head against the wall.

Vincent Vega

Also might want to point out to that fellow that Catholics don't believe that "Mary died a virgin", cause, well...we don't believe she died at all. :P

Vincent Vega

Lol, love the edit. I'm always afraid to bring up the Assumption in situations like that, cause it will only inevitably put more on my plate.

:P I'm a baaaaaaad person :P

But yeah, I'm usually very cautious about stuff like that. I even started a local blog on there for them to read....hope it helps! I know one person there likes it :)

MakeYouThink

Are you trying to be a troll?

If you're going to go on and talk about Catholic Doctrine in a forum you know people are going to disagree with you, then you're asking for a head ache.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1635149' date='Aug 22 2008, 08:07 PM']Are you trying to be a troll?

If you're going to go on and talk about Catholic Doctrine in a forum you know people are going to disagree with you, then you're asking for a head ache.[/quote]
If you'd looked at the forum (or even just the link), you'd have seen that it's a Christian forum open to Christian youth of all varieties. Plus, there's quite a difference between responding to an attack on Catholics and posting flamebait.

MakeYouThink

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1635156' date='Aug 22 2008, 08:24 PM']If you'd looked at the forum (or even just the link), you'd have seen that it's a Christian forum open to Christian youth of all varieties. Plus, there's quite a difference between responding to an attack on Catholics and posting flamebait.[/quote]

Is your name Selah?

No, I am Selah. A troll? No. I am there to help them understand Catholicism. if I were a troll, i would be causing trouble.

I suggest you look up what the word "troll" means.

The reason I have a headache is not because people disagree with me, but because people refuse to listen and do, as USairways would say, post flamebait. THAT is what irritates me, not someone who disagrees with me or who genuinly wants to learn. I am there to help them. Read the link, there are other Catholics there, even an Eastern orthodox.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1635158' date='Aug 22 2008, 08:27 PM']Is your name Selah?[/quote]
Did you address Selah?

HisChildForever

The overall forum isn't very Christian to me. Just look at their sexuality threads (if you can stomach it). Half of them have no problem with premarital sex.

And everyone's signature is so [i]busy[/i] looking, it just makes everything look messy.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1635165' date='Aug 22 2008, 09:34 PM']The overall forum isn't very Christian to me. Just look at their sexuality threads (if you can stomach it). Half of them have no problem with premarital sex.

And everyone's signature is so [i]busy[/i] looking, it just makes everything look messy.[/quote]
Well, they call themselves Christian...I didn't know how charitable it would be to put that in quotes. :lol:

MakeYouThink

[quote name='Selah' post='1635162' date='Aug 22 2008, 08:32 PM']No, I am Selah. A troll? No. I am there to help them understand Catholicism. if I were a troll, i would be causing trouble.

I suggest you look up what the word "troll" means.

The reason I have a headache is not because people disagree with me, but because people refuse to listen and do, as USairways would say, post flamebait. THAT is what irritates me, not someone who disagrees with me or who genuinly wants to learn. I am there to help them. Read the link, there are other Catholics there, even an Eastern orthodox.[/quote]

Okay, I just wanted to know.

Don't get to upset. I was just asking a question.

However, you need to be prepared for the things said on the message board because they have a certain POV.

First, they are youngsters. They have no brain in they're heads. Very few people under the age of 25 have any clue about life and how to treat people, so chill. They are going to say stupid things that will get you angry. They are going to post flamebait.

I thought many of they're responses were immature, and not worth reading.