An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Dont Have To Go To Purgatory !

[quote name='Winchester' post='1644483' date='Sep 2 2008, 03:49 AM']Shouldn't you be launching cruise missiles? When, exactly, do you fit in killing the enemies of America?

Honestly.[/quote]
We should be firing cruise missiles at Japan? The Okinawans would probably like that.

[quote name='Justin86' post='1644500' date='Sep 1 2008, 02:58 PM']We should be firing cruise missiles at Japan? The Okinawans would probably like that.[/quote]
There's gotta be people in range what need killin'...

[quote name='Winchester' post='1644501' date='Sep 2 2008, 03:59 AM']There's gotta be people in range what need killin'...[/quote]
Bomb, bomb, bomb, North Korea.

[quote name='Justin86' post='1644502' date='Sep 1 2008, 03:01 PM']Bomb, bomb, bomb, North Korea.[/quote]

And while we're at it, Bomb, bomb, bomb Iran!

[quote name='Justin86' post='1644502' date='Sep 1 2008, 03:01 PM']Bomb, bomb, bomb, North Korea.[/quote]
Kim is so ronery.
[img]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg74/windsongs77/so_ronery.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Paddington' post='1644490' date='Sep 1 2008, 05:22 PM']So do you think it is wrong to say "Purgatory has all purgation and no punishments"?[/quote]

I hope my question doesn't get buried under MYT's proclamation and J86/Win quest for Purgatroy and war-mongering. It's just sometimes I hear stuff like that and then I wonder if the person is right or wrong and then I go eat some cereal and forget about it and then I remember it and on and on.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1644511' date='Sep 2 2008, 04:04 AM']Kim is so ronery.
[img]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg74/windsongs77/so_ronery.jpg[/img][/quote]
He should be put out of his misery...

Carp, I got me 100 days in Purgatory for that comment. Darn.

So as I was saying, we need to launch cruise missiles.[quote]A cruise missile is a guided missile that carries an explosive payload and uses a lifting wing and a propulsion system, usually a jet engine, to allow sustained flight; it is essentially a flying bomb. Cruise missiles are generally designed to carry a large conventional or nuclear warhead many hundreds of miles with high accuracy. Modern cruise missiles can travel at supersonic or high subsonic speeds, are self-navigating, and fly on a non-ballistic very low altitude trajectory in order to avoid radar detection. In general (and for the purposes of this article), cruise missiles are distinct from unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) in that they are used only as weapons and not for reconnaissance, the warhead is integrated into the vehicle, and the vehicle is always sacrificed in the mission[citation needed].[/quote]
[quote][edit] Concise history
In the period between the World Wars Great Britain developed the Larynx (Long Range Gun with Lynx Engine) which underwent a few flight tests in the 1920s[citation needed]. In the Soviet Union Sergey Korolev headed the GIRD-06 cruise missile project from 1932-1939, which used a rocket-powered boost-glide design[citation needed]. The 06/III (RP-216) and 06/IV (RP-212) contained gyroscopic guidance systems. Germany first deployed cruise style missiles, during World War II. The V-1 contained a gyroscopic guidance system and was propelled by a simple pulse-jet engine, the sound of which gave the V-1 its nickname of "doodlebug". Accuracy was sufficient only for use against very large targets (the general area of a city). The V-1 and similar early weapons are often referred to as flying bombs. Also in World War II the Imperial Japanese forces used piloted aircraft with an explosive payload known as kamikazes, and the purpose-built and piloted rocket engined Ohka.

Immediately after the war the United States Air Force had 21 different guided missile projects including would-be cruise missiles. All were cancelled by 1948 except four: the Air Material Command BANSHEE, the SM-62 Snark, the SM-64 Navaho, and the MGM-1 Matador. The BANSHEE design was similar to Operation Aphrodite; like Aphrodite it failed, and was canceled in April 1949[1].

During the Cold War period both the United States and the Soviet Union experimented further with the concept, deploying early cruise missiles from land, submarines and aircraft. The main outcome of the U.S. Navy submarine missile project was the SSM-N-8 Regulus missile, based upon the V-1.

The U.S. Air Force's first operational surface-to-surface missile was the winged, mobile, nuclear-capable MGM-1 Matador, also similar in concept to the V-1. Deployment overseas began in 1954, first to West Germany and later to the Republic of China (Taiwan) and South Korea. On November 7, 1956 U. S. Air Force Matador units in West Germany, whose missiles were capable of striking targets in the Warsaw Pact, deployed from their fixed day-to-day sites to unannounced dispersed launch locations. This alert was in response to the crisis posed by the Soviet attack on Hungary which suppressed the 1956 Hungarian Revolution.

Between 1957 and 1961 the United States followed an ambitious and well-funded program to develop a nuclear-powered cruise missile, Project Pluto. It was designed to fly below the enemy's radar at speeds above Mach 3 and carry a number of hydrogen bombs that it would drop on its path over enemy territory. Although the concept was proven sound and the 500 megawatt engine finished a successful test run in 1961, no airworthy device was ever completed. The project was finally abandoned in favor of ICBM development.

While ballistic missiles were the preferred weapons for land targets, heavy nuclear and conventional tipped cruise missiles were seen by the USSR as a primary weapon to destroy US naval carrier battle groups. Large submarines (e.g. Echo and Oscar classes) were developed to carry these weapons and shadow US battle groups at sea, and large bombers (e.g. Backfire, Bear, and Blackjack models) were equipped with the weapons in their air-launched cruise missile (ALCM) configuration.[/quote]
[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/83/Taurus_ILA2006.JPG[/img]

[quote name='Winchester' post='1644519' date='Sep 1 2008, 05:42 PM']I think denial of Heaven is punishment, of a sort.[/quote]

There's an insight, of a sort.

[quote name='Justin86' post='1644517' date='Sep 1 2008, 02:08 PM']He should be put out of his misery...

Carp, I got me 100 days in Purgatory for that comment. Darn.[/quote]

Where do you get these numbers from?

What about Fedei saying Jesus is a word that has the definition of - an illegitimate child.

How many days of Purg does he get?

What about Budge? How many days of Purg does she get?

What about me, a protestant? How many days in Purg do I get for not believing the claims that the Catholic Church church is God's only church?

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1644528' date='Sep 2 2008, 04:14 AM']Where do you get these numbers from?

What about Fedei saying Jesus is a word that has the definition of - an illegitimate child.

How many days of Purg does he get?

What about Budge? How many days of Purg does she get?

What about me, a protestant? How many days in Purg do I get for not believing the claims that the Catholic Church church is God's only church?[/quote]
I know you're not Catholic, and probably don't know what I was referring to, but I thought it was obvious I was making a joke. :mellow:

[quote name='Justin86' post='1644530' date='Sep 1 2008, 02:17 PM']I know you're not Catholic, and probably don't know what I was referring to, but I thought it was obvious I was making a joke. :mellow:[/quote]
I was too. :lol_roll:

I never take Purgatory threads seriously.