An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Dont Have To Go To Purgatory !

I don't believe in Purgatory, Woot! I don't have to endure anything. I've been cleaned by the precious blood of Jesus Christ. It is super abrasive, and it hurt a lot when I realized how much of a sinner I was, but I am whiter than snow now!

I just have to keep it like that.

I personally endorse reading this booklet as a devotional, it may not touch or reach some people, but I think that the intention and mentality of this booklet is good. Maybe some people unsure about this writing should read it for themselves first. If not right now, since it is an easy and short read, maybe sometime in the future.

[quote name='IrishSalesian' post='1643832' date='Sep 1 2008, 12:13 PM']We are all saints, we need to act like it. We may not feel worthy, but we are all called to sanctity.[/quote]
I said I do all I can to avoid Purgatory, I just don't think it's enough.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1644417' date='Sep 2 2008, 03:16 AM']Where is Purgatroy? Is that in Greece?[/quote]
I heard it was on some island somewhere that's only technically a part of Japan...

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1643838' date='Sep 1 2008, 12:15 AM']I don't believe in Purgatory, Woot! I don't have to endure anything. I've been cleaned by the precious blood of Jesus Christ. It is super abrasive, and it hurt a lot when I realized how much of a sinner I was, but I am whiter than snow now!

I just have to keep it like that.[/quote]

Just because one doesn't believe in purgatory, it doesn't mean one won't have to worry about ever going there.

Besides, while the Blood of Jesus purifies us from sin, there's still the temporal punishment for sin to worry about.

[quote name='Justin86' post='1644457' date='Sep 1 2008, 02:37 PM']I heard it was on some island somewhere that's only technically a part of Japan...[/quote]
Shouldn't you be launching cruise missiles? When, exactly, do you fit in killing the enemies of America?

Honestly.

[quote name='Dave' post='1644477' date='Sep 1 2008, 02:45 PM']Just because one doesn't believe in purgatory, it doesn't mean one won't have to worry about ever going there.

Besides, while the Blood of Jesus purifies us from sin, there's still the temporal punishment for sin to worry about.[/quote]

You mean the stuff we get to experience on Earth for living wrong. I can agree to that. David may have repented when he killed his best friend to sleep with his wife, but his entire family turned on him eventually because he sinned.

I can expect such consequences for my sins as well.

[quote name='Dave' post='1644477' date='Sep 1 2008, 04:15 PM']Besides, while the Blood of Jesus purifies us from sin, there's still the temporal punishment for sin to worry about.[/quote]

So do you think it is wrong to say "Purgatory has all purgation and no punishments"?

[quote name='Paddington' post='1644490' date='Sep 1 2008, 01:52 PM']So do you think it is wrong to say "Purgatory has all purgation and no punishments"?[/quote]

I don't believe in Purgatory.

Jesus one time sacrifice suffices.

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1644492' date='Sep 1 2008, 02:54 PM']I don't believe in Purgatory.[/quote]
And yet, the Bible disagrees.

Hey look, I found Purgatory!

[img]http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc131/justin86_bucket/Okinawa/images.jpg[/img]

I hear they have beer. Doesn't sound too bad.

Edited by Justin86