An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Are There So Few Non-catholics Here?

MakeYouThink

MakeYouThink

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1637133' date='Aug 24 2008, 09:02 PM']Holy water is just condensed prayer. :)[/quote]

But my prayers mean nothing either. He already knows what I am going to pray for when I pray, so all my prayers are just words, but he is the power!

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1637133' date='Aug 24 2008, 09:02 PM']Holy water is just condensed prayer. :)[/quote]
Distilled. :D

All right, MakeYouThink, God is our only weapon...
God is the sword.
Holy Water and scapulars and such are the finely sharpened blade.
Happy? ;)

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1637149' date='Aug 24 2008, 10:08 PM']But my prayers mean nothing either. He already knows what I am going to pray for when I pray, so all my prayers are just words, but he is the power![/quote]

But God wants us to talk to Him. Prayer is a conversation with God. Although I do a formal prayer, most of my prayers are just talking with Him. God wants us to go to Him and talk to Him even if He knows what we want, need, is going to say etc.

:) God Bless,
Meg

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1637149' date='Aug 24 2008, 11:08 PM']But my prayers mean nothing either. He already knows what I am going to pray for when I pray, so all my prayers are just words, but he is the power![/quote]

Words backed by our love for God, which is the reason we pray, and why God longs to hear us praying.

MakeYouThink

[quote name='picchick' post='1637462' date='Aug 25 2008, 10:38 AM']But God wants us to talk to Him. Prayer is a conversation with God. Although I do a formal prayer, most of my prayers are just talking with Him. God wants us to go to Him and talk to Him even if He knows what we want, need, is going to say etc.

:) God Bless,
Meg[/quote]

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1637475' date='Aug 25 2008, 11:00 AM']Words backed by our love for God, which is the reason we pray, and why God longs to hear us praying.[/quote]

I agree with these. I just want to present a different POV, a humble one.

I use to be a I prayed for that kind of person. With me saying that, I was saying a statement of pride, saying, somehow, that it was more important that I prayed than the work God did. . .

But conversing with God, I couldn't go a day without talking to him, listening to him, loving him, because he is my love.

Edited by MakeYouThink