An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Are There So Few Non-catholics Here?

MakeYouThink

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1633108' date='Aug 20 2008, 07:49 PM']I don't have a denomination. Can you recommend a good one?[/quote]

Demonslayer.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='lilac_angel' post='1634729' date='Aug 22 2008, 01:04 PM']Demonslayer.[/quote]
Don't give him the wrong idea.
That one's ours. ;)

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1634768' date='Aug 22 2008, 01:34 PM']Don't give him the wrong idea.
That one's ours. ;)[/quote]

Yeah... you'd be surprised, though, some people do just call themselves Demonslayers. I've seen them on Myspace. I guess it's a new denomination cropping up.

Oh, and Catholicism isn't a denomination. :) So stick with us! hehe

MakeYouThink

[quote name='lilac_angel' post='1634724' date='Aug 22 2008, 02:02 PM']Neither can scientologists.[/quote]

We've all be through that one. I have already said everybody is right about medication for people who have extreme pyschological problems.

However, if you can't sleep because you worry about things too much, don't try to tell me that you need those sleeping pills. Just develop a trust that God will make all things turn out the way they should, and excercise everyday, and you'll get back to sleeping good every night in no time!

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1632272' date='Aug 19 2008, 10:50 PM']What will you guys offer for me to leave?[/quote]

ta[i]c[/i]os

As for the question at hand. Why are there so few Non-Catholics here? I would say because they most likely spend their time on Non-Catholic message boards, much like we Catholics spend time on Catholic boards like Phatmass. We actually do have quite a few Non-Catholics but they aren't regulars here on the boards.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='lilac_angel' post='1634777' date='Aug 22 2008, 01:43 PM']Yeah... you'd be surprised, though, some people do just call themselves Demonslayers. I've seen them on Myspace. I guess it's a new denomination cropping up.[/quote]
Hey, just like jedis. :D
I know someone who cites his religion as Starbucks on his Facebook profile.
Well we all know that those guys don't really know how to slay demons. :D What on earth will they be able to do without Holy Water?

[quote]What on earth will they be able to do without Holy Water?[/quote]

:D

Edited by Selah

MakeYouThink

What makes the water holy?

If I drank it, would that make me holy?

Edited by MakeYouThink

icelandic_iceskater

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1635246' date='Aug 22 2008, 10:28 PM']What makes the water holy?

If I drank it, would that make me holy?[/quote]you take water and boil the hell outta it.

not sure what happens if you drink it, but I'm pretty sure its not encouraged.

MakeYouThink

[quote name='icelandic_iceskater' post='1635306' date='Aug 22 2008, 11:13 PM']you take water and boil the hell outta it.

not sure what happens if you drink it, but I'm pretty sure its not encouraged.[/quote]

LOL! :lol_roll:

I like those answers!

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1635246' date='Aug 22 2008, 10:28 PM']What makes the water holy?[/quote]

It is blessed with a special prayer, making it a sacramental and "holy water". The prayer containes a special exorcism prayer, if I remember correctly.

[quote]If I drank it, would that make me holy?[/quote]

You could drink it, although that is not the norm. It wouldn't make you holy. Grace makes you holy.

Fr. Corapi's mother use to put holy water and blessed salt in his food before he converted. Demons hate holy water. :)

Edited by TotusTuusMaria

MakeYouThink

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1635607' date='Aug 23 2008, 12:55 PM']It is blessed with a special prayer, making it a sacramental and "holy water". The prayer containes a special exorcism prayer, if I remember correctly.

You could drink it, although that is not the norm. It wouldn't make you holy. Grace makes you holy.

Fr. Corapi's mother use to put holy water and blessed salt in his food before he converted. Demons hate holy water. :)[/quote]

They don't like prayers said in faith either.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1635607' date='Aug 23 2008, 12:55 PM']It is blessed with a special prayer, making it a sacramental and "holy water". The prayer containes a special exorcism prayer, if I remember correctly.

Fr. Corapi's mother use to put holy water and blessed salt in his food before he converted. Demons hate holy water. :)[/quote]
We were talking about this on Transmundane Lane. We're not so sure about the prayer of exorcism being the norm anymore, unless it's exorcised water.

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1635612' date='Aug 23 2008, 02:07 PM']They don't like prayers said in faith either.[/quote]

Very true, but I like to have the full armor. Prayers of faith. Holy water. Rosary. Scapular. A soldier is protected with a gun, however you don't see them going out with just that. They have a whole bunch of other gear too. :)

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1635708' date='Aug 23 2008, 03:47 PM']Very true, but I like to have the full armor. Prayers of faith. Holy water. Rosary. Scapular. A soldier is protected with a gun, however you don't see them going out with just that. They have a whole bunch of other gear too. :)[/quote]
So would a vial of Holy Water be roughly parallel with a grenade?
Ooh, and the scapular is like our walkie talkies. Or bulleproof vests. Or both.