An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Are There So Few Non-catholics Here?

MakeYouThink

[quote]Because non-Catholics don't usually go looking for a Catholic website.[/quote]

Unless they're Budge, they'll probably go to forums of their own denomination.

Edited by Selah

MakeYouThink

[quote name='Selah' post='1633103' date='Aug 20 2008, 07:46 PM']Unless they're Budge, they'll probably go to forums of their own denomination.[/quote]

I don't have a denomination. Can you recommend a good one?

[quote name='rachael' post='1633074' date='Aug 20 2008, 07:19 PM']why don't you make one? :whistle:[/quote]

:lol_roll: 'cause i'm a work-outside-the-home wife and mommy of two under three. ;) The required time needed to devote to such a site isn't something I have at this point in my life. I steal snippets of time on the net by leaving my computer on and hopping on for a few mins at a time as I can on my days off.

Edited by MamaHen

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1633108' date='Aug 20 2008, 08:49 PM']I don't have a denomination. Can you recommend a good one?[/quote]

Relevant Magazine, if that's your style.

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='rachael' post='1633075' date='Aug 20 2008, 08:21 PM']Because non-Catholics don't usually go looking for a Catholic website. :mellow:[/quote]

Probably not, but many of them would stop and look around if they happened across one. The more phatmass gets mentioned in non-Catholic areas of the Internet, or places like SQPN that tend to cross between Catholic/non-Catholic, the more people (both Catholic and otherwise) we'll have here who weren't specifically looking for a Catholic forum.

RandomProddy

[quote name='Aloysius' post='1631412' date='Aug 19 2008, 08:39 AM']......the ones who are so nice that they're just hear to hang out and only ask questions about things sometimes but really don't have any interest in debate and really just fly under the radar as if they're just normal other phatmassers...[/quote]

:D

Got buried amongst MH shop talk.

To the OP:

Some of us others are here to learn. I don't usually debate because I simply lack relevant knowledge and experience. The issue comes up every so often. This remains my response.

BTW, it helps to think before you post.

MakeYouThink

[quote name='Nadezhda' post='1633562' date='Aug 21 2008, 11:11 AM']Got buried amongst MH shop talk.

To the OP:

Some of us others are here to learn. I don't usually debate because I simply lack relevant knowledge and experience. The issue comes up every so often. This remains my response.

BTW, it helps to think before you post.[/quote]

I know, but every fledging warrior wants to get something started by making themselves a target!

[quote name='BG45']I could try cmom. ;) It's just that I can better defend Catholicism now than anything Protestant.[/quote]

You will lose. :unsure: But that's okay. We will hug you when it's over. :love:

And Nad, let me just say that I think, hands down, you are the coolest Protestant on this board.

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1633571' date='Aug 21 2008, 11:21 AM']I know, but every fledging warrior wants to get something started by making themselves a target![/quote]

You don't have to take the shot.

[quote name='MissyP89' post='1633604' date='Aug 21 2008, 12:02 PM']You will lose. :unsure: But that's okay. We will hug you when it's over. :love:

And Nad, let me just say that I think, hands down, you are the coolest Protestant on this board.[/quote]

:blush: Thanks.

I'm only sort of a default Protestant because I'm not Catholic, Orthodox, or Anglican. Being here has made me think. And keep on thinking. I like it.

edited for typo

Edited by Nadezhda

WHy aren't there more non-Catholics on this board?

We did have more......they just come and go.

Some fight for a while, realize that they are not going to convert anyone and then leave.
Or they convert.

MakeYouThink

[quote name='Balthazor' post='1634619' date='Aug 22 2008, 01:00 PM']WHy aren't there more non-Catholics on this board?

We did have more......they just come and go.

Some fight for a while, realize that they are not going to convert anyone and then leave.
Or they convert.[/quote]

Cool thing is I am not here to convert or be converted to anything. People have the right to choose. God gave us free choice, and as long as we don't choose to sin, we can live anyway we want.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1634717' date='Aug 22 2008, 12:58 PM']Cool thing is I am not here to convert or be converted to anything. People have the right to choose. God gave us free choice, and as long as we don't choose to sin, we can live anyway we want.[/quote]
You'd be surprised at how many didn't come here to convert, yet did so anyway.

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1631367' date='Aug 19 2008, 01:11 AM']You're right. I need to start on Medication, because I don't like poisoning my body. LOL!

Medication are for people who don't understand life and its challenges. If you're depressed, remind yourself, there was a time you weren't, so this time, though it's painful right now, will pass too and you will be happy again. People lack understanding, and so medicate themselves so easily. I just don't understand how they can be so foolish![/quote]

Neither can scientologists.