An Old School Catholic Message Board

Russia Is Not At Peace

TotusTuusMaria

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Church Punk' post='1633081' date='Aug 20 2008, 07:28 PM']She is Dead[/quote]

That was covered already. About 2 days ago.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Aloysius' post='1632907' date='Aug 20 2008, 04:37 PM']lol take[/quote]

You are still not back on topic. Please get back on topic and stop hijacking the thread with your repeated attempts to keep alive an irrelevant and unwarranted argument that you provoked--repeat: FOR NO REASON--in the first place.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1633229' date='Aug 20 2008, 11:43 PM']You are still not back on topic. Please get back on topic and stop hijacking the thread with your repeated attempts to keep alive an irrelevant and unwarranted argument that you provoked--repeat: FOR NO REASON--in the first place.[/quote]
when's the last time you've made an on-topic post in this thread? I've made several durring this little spat you've drug me into.

Al,

In regards to your stance on Russia and the fall of communism, Our Lady at Fatima never predicted that this fall would last forever, as a matter of fact she specifically referred to it as an "Era of Peace", and like any other era it would have to have a beginning and an end. This is specifically interesting if you interpret Fatima in line with Our Lady of Garabandal in which one of the visionaries actually predicted that Communism would fall and rise again, as well as a few other things that have happened in recent Church history, accurately.

As for the post Madame V is arguing over with you I'm going to give you the same advice I give anyone in regards to her: just ignore her and she'll go away. She argues passionately over the most trivial of points, and just won't let it go. She's not worth your time, and life on phatmass becomes much easier if you just put her on ignore as I have done. I felt kinda rotten when I first did it, but now I'm starting to see the good fruits of it.

I didn't find your post in any way argumentative towards her. She just turned it that way and won't let go. That's what she does.

Edited by Justin86

[quote name='Aloysius' post='1633303' date='Aug 21 2008, 01:06 PM']when's the last time you've made an on-topic post in this thread? I've made several durring this little spat you've drug me into.[/quote]
I can't read any of her posts unless they are quoted, but I'm confident you are quite correct nonetheless, and now's the time for you to just bow out of the spat. [mod]Personal attack. --Era Might[/mod] You came out on top from what I've seen. :)

Private revelation threads remind me of the days when I was a Protestant.

No Catholic is required to believe in private revelations, and so as old liturgical translations into English used to say, "here endeth the lesson."

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Aloysius' post='1632542' date='Aug 20 2008, 09:11 AM']it's a work in progress.... in the other direction currently in my estimation. These days it seems Russia gets more communist, not less, every day.

if anyone does actually believe that Russia was not rightly consecrated, I would recommend that they start believing that the Fatima prophecy failed... because if you think this or any subsequent pope is actually going to go back on all these years of definitively and certainly stating that Russia has been consecrated you're living in a dream world... there would sooner be a pope who mandated that all masses must be done in Klingon in the Roman Rite than you'd get a pope who said "by the way, I don't think Russia was rightly consecrated, let's do it again!"

you pretty much have to say either Russia was consecrated the way they did it, or it's never going to be consecrated and we've failed Our Lady's request.[/quote]
Is there any real reason the prophecy could have been real, but turned out to be false?
As in... I dunno, Mary appeared in the Fatima events and presented one possibility out of many?
I've got zero basis in anything for saying that, just throwing it out there.

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='Justin86' post='1633318' date='Aug 21 2008, 12:41 AM']Al,

In regards to your stance on Russia and the fall of communism, Our Lady at Fatima never predicted that this fall would last forever, as a matter of fact she specifically referred to it as an "Era of Peace", and like any other era it would have to have a beginning and an end. This is specifically interesting if you interpret Fatima in line with Our Lady of Garabandal in which one of the visionaries actually predicted that Communism would fall and rise again, as well as a few other things that have happened in recent Church history, accurately.[/quote]

I don't know what to think, but this makes sense.

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1633357' date='Aug 21 2008, 02:48 PM']No Catholic is required to believe in private revelations, and so as old liturgical translations into English used to say, "here endeth the lesson."[/quote]
This is definitely true, and should always be kept in mind when discussing private revelations, and any prophecies associated with them.

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='Justin86' post='1633318' date='Aug 21 2008, 01:41 AM']As for the post Madame V is arguing over with you I'm going to give you the same advice I give anyone in regards to her: just ignore her and she'll go away. She argues passionately over the most trivial of points, and just won't let it go. She's not worth your time, and life on phatmass becomes much easier if you just put her on ignore as I have done. I felt kinda rotten when I first did it, but now I'm starting to see the good fruits of it.[/quote]

Or you can get her to put you on ignore... but you'll probably burn up one of your warnings in the process. :)

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='kafka' post='1633111' date='Aug 20 2008, 08:55 PM']Also I want to mention a side note. When the BVM mentions communism in a private revelation it does not refer to political communism but a spiritual communism that is prevelant today in the Church.[/quote]

Hmm... spiritual communism. Is that like New Age stuff? I was going to ask earlier if Russia and communism might be metaphors for other things. Of course, we could speculate on all kinds of possibilities there, in which case I personally am happy with trusting John Paul II's judgement on the whole matter and leaving it behind.

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1633497' date='Aug 21 2008, 11:57 PM']Or you can get her to put you on ignore... but you'll probably burn up one of your warnings in the process. :)[/quote]
Actually, she already has. I just did the same in response.