An Old School Catholic Message Board

King Tut *da Da Dada*

Ash Wednesday

Ash Wednesday

Woooo, my fiance and I are going to see the King Tut exhibit in London tomorrow! As a lifelong Tut and Egyptophile, I'm soooooooooooooo excited!

[img]http://www.king-tut.org.uk/images/mask-of-king-tut.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.infofocalpoint.com/king-Tut-beetle-emblem-sm.gif[/img]

Lapis. I've always wanted to make a rosary out of Lapis. I've always wanted to go to London to the British Museum to see the Archaeopteryx.

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1629100' date='Aug 16 2008, 05:39 PM']Lapis. I've always wanted to make a rosary out of Lapis. I've always wanted to go to London to the British Museum to see the Archaeopteryx.[/quote]

Lapis Lazuli is one of my most favorite stones. :cool: And yes, I really enjoy going to the British Museum. When I howl about how expensive life in this area of England is, I remind myself that most of London's museums are FREE!

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='Balthazor' post='1629164' date='Aug 16 2008, 06:56 PM']Have I told you lately of your awesomeness?

For that you get a dancing banana.

:banana:[/quote]

Thanks! You're pretty awesome yourself. :banana:

I too, am a fan of anything Egypt history and especially Tut. I so wanted to see the exhibit when it was in Philly, but was unable to. Please post some photos, would love to hear all about it!!!!!!!!!!

Nihil Obstat

The British Museum is so beautiful! I only got to spend a day there (:( ), but was astounded. Loved my pictures too, I was so surprised. They let us take pictures of everything... like the Rosetta Stone, the pieces of the Parthenon. Awesome place. I hope I can go back someday.
Their mummies are second to none too!

Nihil Obstat

Btw, that whole SNL performance was one of the best things I had seen in a long long time. :D
Although it doesn't beat Frank Sinatra's SNL character.

I got to see King Tut in the Valley of the Kings and also his treasures in Cairo a few months ago. I have been a fan since the 5th grade and it as amazing. Far better then I had ever imagined! You will love it!