An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vocational Visit

Fr. Antony Maria OSB

Fr. Antony Maria OSB

Hey everyone, I am visiting a Benedictine Abbey this weekend, so this thread is really two fold:

1)please pray for me this weekend for my discernment, that I may be able to figure out whether or not God is calling me to the Benedictine Order

and 2) if anyone has any prayer intentions, please post them here. I am going to have a lot of time to pray, so if anyone has anything that they would like me to pray for please let me know and I shall do so!

I'll try to post again before I leave tomorrow, but if not thank you for your prayers, and I shall be praying for all of you!

May God bless and protect you always in all of your endeavors, especially your discernment!

Your Brother in Christ,

Joe

Edited by NazFarmer

Laudem Gloriae

Yes, thank you! Please pray that my house sells and that I will be free to enter Carmel. The waiting is so very hard. God bless and I will pray for you too.

Joe, thanks for offering prayers - if you would, please remember my sons, Jamie and John - that they will come back to the sacraments, and that Jamie's fiance' will be open to learning about the faith.

As a Benedictine Oblate, I will be glad to remember your intentions in my prayers. Pax.

DominicanPhilosophy

Please pray for my vocational discernment, my return to school on Tuesday, my parents (in every aspect), my friend's return to the Church, and another friend's conversion to the Faith.

Thank you so much; you know how powerful prayer is! Know that you are in our prayers, and may you have an awesome discernment weekend!

VeniteAdoremus

Thank you :) I will remember you at Communion.

Please pray for my perseverance at university. It's hard to stay motivated.

Fr. Antony Maria OSB

Thank you all for your prayers and intentions. I have all of them written down, and I'll try to come back on before I leave around 3:20 Central Time. Even if I don't, I'll remember any other prayer intentions that anyone may have posted on here that I didn't see. Thanks again!

May God bless and protect you always in all of your endeavors, especially your discernment!

Your Brother in Christ,

Joe

[quote name='Laudem Gloriae' post='1626614' date='Aug 14 2008, 01:07 AM']Yes, thank you! Please pray that my house sells and that I will be free to enter Carmel. The waiting is so very hard. God bless and I will pray for you too.[/quote]

Pray to St. Joseph :) And if you have a St. Joseph statue put it somewhere in the house...many people's prayers have been answered by asking his intercession. My prayers!

Domine ut Videam

You will be in my prayers Joe!

Which Abbey are you visiting? Just curious. It kind of cracks me up that after all these years we both feel pulls toward benedictines. :)

Fr. Antony Maria OSB

Sister Ali and Lauren, thank you both for your prayers! And Lauren, I'm going to try to message you which abbey it is I'm visiting (I don't want to post it in the open), but there was something up with the server before when I tried, so it may not work. I am trying to figure out whether or not God is calling me to the Benedictines or the Marians of the Immaculate Conception, though, so please keep me in your prayers specifically for that this weekend. I know I'll find out in God's time, but a few prayers never hurt ;). Thank you again, everyone, and I will let you know how my weekend was when I get back Sunday night, and you are all in my prayers! Joe over and out till then!

Your Brother in Christ,

Joe

Edited by NazFarmer

Dear Joe and all Phatmass members, be assured my prayers for all of you who are discerning and those of you with children. I also ask for your prayers that I may better discern God's will for me in this life. A cross has come and I am embracing it, however, I need clarity to do what God wants and not what this lowly servant of His wants. God's blessings upon all of you!

[quote name='doe-jo' post='1627917' date='Aug 15 2008, 03:48 AM']please pray for my vocation and my brothers vocation because he is starting to consider the priesthood also.[/quote]

Dear Joe,

Please know that you will be in my prayers this whole weekend. I wish that I had the chance yesterday to get on the web site, but hospital ministry then mass last night kept me busy. I know that you will have an open heart and mind while you are there this weekend. God will lead you to where he wants you to be....

What a wonderful Prayer-Family we have here.

God Bless all of you. Always have your heart and soul open to Him.
On this day of the Solemnity of the Assumption, may our Blessed Mother watch over on all of you, and my She guide you today and always.
Pax et Bonum!

Love and Prayers,
Bro. Ed