An Old School Catholic Message Board

Denver Archbishop Recalls "progressive" Nuns To Obedience To

Veritas

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='ruso' post='1625925' date='Aug 13 2008, 06:47 AM']Is LCWR which was chaired by Joan Chittister?. The books of she and other "progressive", are making a lot of damage in Spain, someone took his books even comtemplative convents, as if it were fully Catholics.

Now there are contemplative Dominican nuns, Carmelites and other orders, talked about social justice and access of women to the priesthood.[/quote]

:sadder: Prayers. :sign:

Yes, but the LCWR[i] is [/i]in communion with Rome and the SSPX [i]isn't[/i].

That's the difference.

...but the archbishop singles out the LCWR.

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='jkaands' post='1626481' date='Aug 13 2008, 10:31 PM']Yes, but the LCWR[i] is [/i]in communion with Rome and the SSPX [i]isn't[/i].

That's the difference.

...but the archbishop singles out the LCWR.[/quote]

Suprisingly though, one wouldn't know by attending one of their community's conferences.

:mellow:

No one here has said SSPX is in Communion with Rome. It was just pointed out that the Archbishop, unlike what was insinuated, has done a lot in his power to try to bring the faithful associated with SSPX back to attending in full communion and bring the SSPX back into Communion. His attention does not need to be directed anywhere else, as, like a good pastor, he has already and continues to call the SSPX back into Communion. This is, however, a long-overdo call to obedience toward the LCWR.

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1626521' date='Aug 13 2008, 10:41 PM']Suprisingly though, one wouldn't know by attending one of their community's conferences.

:mellow:

No one here has said SSPX is in Communion with Rome. It was just pointed out that the Archbishop, unlike what was insinuated, has done a lot in his power to try to bring the faithful associated with SSPX back to attending in full communion and bring the SSPX back into Communion. His attention does not need to be directed anywhere else, as, like a good pastor, he has already and continues to call the SSPX back into Communion. This is, however, a long-overdo call to obedience toward the LCWR.[/quote]

+

Amen. Both are important. And, with the comparative size of the LCWR and their presence IN Catholic parishes :( , it is perhaps more important on the diocesan level that this is addressed...

And, as has been shown above, the LCWR has NOT been singled-out. BOTH groups have been addressed.

Edited by Veritas

A Yearning Heart

The Archbishop was actually giving a talk [i]to[/i] the LCWR so his comments are relevant to the group being spoken to. It's great to see such pastoral care in action and that he is speaking his mind.

Being in communion is great!!

but then there are many types of communion (two extremes given);

communion :madrant: :duel:

or

[i][b]communion[/b][/i] :sign: -> :priest_halo: -> :bishop:-> :pope:

emicons are GREAT!

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='A Yearning Heart' post='1626544' date='Aug 14 2008, 06:53 AM']The Archbishop was actually giving a talk [i]to[/i] the LCWR so his comments are relevant to the group being spoken to. It's great to see such pastoral care in action and that he is speaking his mind.

Being in communion is great!!

but then there are many types of communion (two extremes given);

communion :madrant: :duel:

or

[i][b]communion[/b][/i] :sign: -> :priest_halo: -> :bishop:-> :pope:

emicons are GREAT![/quote]

Oh my, that's very good :)