An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Are American's So Arrogant

KOIfriend

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1621745' date='Aug 8 2008, 04:05 PM']Image edited.[/quote]

This is so politically incorrect, so hilarious and really, I think it sums up what Americans think and know about the world. I may just sit and laugh at this for some time.

I almost ordered a beer tonight while out to dinner. I figured I would just fall asleep if I drank it. I think I shall go have a glass of wine now.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1621520' date='Aug 8 2008, 03:17 PM']Why are American[b]'s [/b]what so arrogant?[/quote]

You asked for this
[img]http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/Assets/grammarian.jpg[/img]

[url="http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/grammarian.htm"]Grammarian[/url] usually has little to contribute to a discussion and possesses few effective weapons. To compensate, he will point out minor errors in spelling and grammar. Because of Grammarian's obvious weakness most Warriors ignore him.

copyrighted to [img]http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/fwlogo.gif[/img]

dominicansoul

[quote name='StColette' post='1621910' date='Aug 8 2008, 04:30 PM']:wacko: poor Europe :blink: Not sure if I agree with seeing that word on Phatmass :blink:[/quote]

"communists?"

:topsy:

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1621745' date='Aug 8 2008, 05:05 PM']Image edited.[/quote]

Yup, that's about it for Americans.

Mary-Kathryn

[quote name='Didacus' post='1621649' date='Aug 8 2008, 04:05 PM']You think that might have something to do with youz all invading us and trying to take us over a couple of times?
Or dumping all those loyalists on our laps a while back?
LOL
I don't care about all this anymore. When I was young and foolish, I did, but not anymore.
A Canadien here, an American there, but one under God.[/quote]

Well said.

The beautiful thing is when it counted-***really counted*** Americans and Canadians acted as one-and that day was 9-11. I remember reading about how some folks took people into their homes when so many of the planes were forced to land and how generous and loving we treated one another.

So I look at it was family thing. Just like family, brothers and sisters may squabble and swat at one another, but when it gets tough, we stand by one another.

Madame Vengier

[color="#4B0082"][b]There is an extremely vile and offensive word (especially to females) on your graphic there. Plus, in general the whole thing is insulting b/c Americans DO NOT view the world that way. But the extremely vulgar and offensive word is the more pressing issue at the moment. [/b][/color]

Edited by Madame Vengier

dairygirl4u2c

chill out m,,,, you don't have to find it offensive, but you do anyway.
i swear, i think you just find reasons to get pissed off, or find something to complain about.

dairygirl4u2c

also it's just a joke
obviously not all americans view the world that way, not even most of them.
a signifiant number do though, have that mindset, or that's the extent of what they know. you might be surprised what people can't find on a map, or what they don't know etc.
it's just a joke.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1622648' date='Aug 9 2008, 01:30 PM']chill out m,,,, you don't have to find it offensive, but you do anyway.
i swear, i think you just find reasons to get pissed off, or find something to complain about.[/quote]

Are you actually trying to justify the use of that word?

MissScripture

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1622671' date='Aug 9 2008, 01:56 PM']Are you actually trying to justify the use of that word?[/quote]
I'm not trying to justify the use of the word, but I do think that words like that and other words have become so commonly used that many people, my age and younger, espeically, don't even realize what they're implying or saying when the word is used.

I always thought they were talking about Cats!

Are you all Cat haters! Bad people! God created Cats and they were good! Again, you guys must be illiterate Christians, who haven't read a page of the Bible! :madrant:

The Education system smells like elderberries! It's failed you all!

KnightofChrist

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1622674' date='Aug 9 2008, 01:59 PM']I'm not trying to justify the use of the word, but I do think that words like that and other words have become so commonly used that many people, my age and younger, espeically, don't even realize what they're implying or saying when the word is used.[/quote]

Very sad isn't...