An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Are American's So Arrogant

KOIfriend

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='KOIfriend' post='1621661' date='Aug 8 2008, 04:11 PM']Thank you for your apology. I will now apologize for my statement. I just hate Canada Bashing you American's do, because I hate evil. When I read that America has more of a chance to be rightous than Canada, I get angry, because that is prejudiced.

But hearing it was from a Canadian, I have to apologize. I thought it was another blind, arrogant, and proud American, and I hate blindness, arrogance, and pride. I do the same with Canadians too, because we think we are better than Americans too.

You don't have to quote any articles about how Canada is making sure it goes down a slippery slope either, I hate it myself. I have joined a group of people who oppose Morgentaller's Order of Canada, because the filth is being rewarded for making it legally acceptable for doctors to be little more than Serial Killers, destroying babies in the womb!

I hate evil, and I don't mince words on what I perceive as evil from either side of the boarder.[/quote]

Most Americans aren't blind or arrogant or bash canadians. We are justly proud of our country, just as you are of yours. Because our freedoms are seem more secure, I think we mostly feel sorry for your loss of rights.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Didacus' post='1621676' date='Aug 8 2008, 04:20 PM']I cannot agree with this.[/quote]

I agree with you. We don't have to have enemies. We just have to love them if we DO have them.

[quote name='Didacus' post='1621676' date='Aug 8 2008, 04:20 PM']I cannot agree with this.[/quote]

I'm sorry you disagree with me, but hey, that's okay. It's your opinion, and I have my own.

Correct me if I am wrong, but you might be mistaking what I am saying, by thinking I would cause any emotional or physical harm to these groups. I wouldn't, as I am called to love them. I would do any kind, godly thing to help them.

[quote name='KOIfriend' post='1621677' date='Aug 9 2008, 04:21 AM']I didn't say that at all.

He joked that Canada has no chance to be redeemed by God, but there was a chance in the States. So, I think there is a chance for both still, and I am waiting for God to pour out his spirit on all flesh, and righteousness to fill the land again.

God will redeem both nations.[/quote]
For crying outloud all panic did was call your post unpatriotic! He said [i]nothing[/i] about America having a better chance at redemption then Canada!

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1621678' date='Aug 8 2008, 04:21 PM']Most Americans aren't blind or arrogant or bash canadians. We are justly proud of our country, just as you are of yours. Because our freedoms are seem more secure, I think we mostly feel sorry for your loss of rights.[/quote]

Your words are much more kind and understanding.

When I hear people say that Canada is the retarded cousin of America, and I've heard that from a nationally recognized TV talk show host, I kinda get this impression that Americans are evil. So, thank you for your understanding. I don't like what's going on in either nation right now, because all the politicians seem to have gone insane.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='KOIfriend' post='1621674' date='Aug 8 2008, 04:18 PM']I consider anybody who doesn't live a godly life an enemy. After all Jesus calls us to Love our enemies. We have to have enemies, if we are to love them.

Are you saying the church is higher in authority than Jesus, and its words are higher than his words. After all, Jesus said we are either for him, or against him. With all the scriptures in the bible condemning homosexuality, it shouldn't be rocket science that homosexuals are enemies of God and therefore enemies of his children.[/quote]
The New Testament are books collected and authenticated by the Catholic Church who put it together with the books comprising the Old Testament and thus we have a Bible. The Bible itself says the Church is the foundation. We have the words of the Bible because the Catholic Church has preserved them.
Homosex is a mortal sin, but same sex attraction is not. A person who experiences same-sex attraction who doesn't engage in homosex can be a Godly person who has given his life to Christ.

[quote name='Justin86' post='1621683' date='Aug 8 2008, 04:23 PM']For crying outloud all panic did was call your post unpatriotic! He said [i]nothing[/i] about America having a better chance at redemption then Canada![/quote]

So, we're talking about two different people. Okay, I thought you were talking about the person I quoted in the beginning. I apologize.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='KOIfriend' post='1621687' date='Aug 8 2008, 04:26 PM']Your words are much more kind and understanding.

When I hear people say that Canada is the retarded cousin of America, and I've heard that from a nationally recognized TV talk show host, I kinda get this impression that Americans are evil. So, thank you for your understanding. I don't like what's going on in either nation right now, because all the politicians seem to have gone insane.[/quote]
We don't judge you by your talk show hosts, so don't judge us by ours.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1621690' date='Aug 8 2008, 04:27 PM']The New Testament are books collected and authenticated by the Catholic Church who put it together with the books comprising the Old Testament and thus we have a Bible. The Bible itself says the Church is the foundation. We have the words of the Bible because the Catholic Church has preserved them.
Homosex is a mortal sin, but same sex attraction is not. A person who experiences same-sex attraction who doesn't engage in homosex can be a Godly person who has given his life to Christ.[/quote]

Agreed. If that person chooses that life to honour God, you are right.

Homosexuality, the act of doing that, shows those persons have no intention to honour God, and therefore are enemies of God. If they're God's enemies, they're mine enemies, because that is how I honour God. I am a warrior against evil. If I see evil, I am against it.

But at the same time, I am called to love my enemies, so I wouldn't say anything to them until God told me too. Gentle as doves and wise as serpents. . .

It would be a balancing Act, but I have the holy spirit guiding me in regards to all of this, most of the time. I got angry, because I have heard some very evil things that were said about my nation, and I say, look whose calling the kettle black.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1621694' date='Aug 8 2008, 04:30 PM']So you're all saying there's buttholes in both countries?

Seriously.[/quote]

Agreed.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1621700' date='Aug 8 2008, 04:33 PM'][img]http://www.grokdotcom.com/wp-content/uploads/Robert/blame_canada_1.jpg[/img][/quote]
LOL!

[quote name='Winchester' post='1621700' date='Aug 9 2008, 04:33 AM'][img]http://www.grokdotcom.com/wp-content/uploads/Robert/blame_canada_1.jpg[/img][/quote]
Oh boy Winnie, now you've gone and done it.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='KOIfriend' post='1621696' date='Aug 8 2008, 04:32 PM']Agreed. If that person chooses that life to honour God, you are right.

Homosexuality, the act of doing that, shows those persons have no intention to honour God, and therefore are enemies of God. If they're God's enemies, they're mine enemies, because that is how I honour God. I am a warrior against evil. If I see evil, I am against it.

But at the same time, I am called to love my enemies, so I wouldn't say anything to them until God told me too. Gentle as doves and wise as serpents. . .

It would be a balancing Act, but I have the holy spirit guiding me in regards to all of this, most of the time. I got angry, because I have heard some very evil things that were said about my nation, and I say, look whose calling the kettle black.[/quote]
I am sure I can find Canadians who say vile things about the US as well, but the point is, WE didn't say them, so you should not come here an attack the Americans on this board. There are people here from every continent except Antartica [we are working on that] and we stick together so if you bash the American contingent you are attacking all phatmassers, which is not polite.