An Old School Catholic Message Board

Cohabitation

tinytherese

I know that at my parish there is a minimum of six months of evalutation with the priest prior to him approving the ceremony. People are told they must contact the priest within one year of their wedding date. :lol_roll:

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Deb' post='1610687' date='Jul 28 2008, 07:31 PM']I know that at my parish there is a minimum of six months of evalutation with the priest prior to him approving the ceremony. People are told they must contact the priest within one year of their wedding date. :lol_roll:[/quote]
Our priest actually chose our wedding date for us. :lol: We went to see him when we got engaged, and he chose a date for us that was in 7 months' time (and 1 week before Christmas Eve). We had been thinking November, or maybe the beginning of December.

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1610703' date='Jul 28 2008, 02:42 PM'](and 1 week before Christmas Eve). We had been thinking November, or maybe the beginning of December.[/quote]

lol Getting married right before or right after Christmas is insane! *thus says the person who got married 3 days after Christmas*

[quote name='Proud2BCatholic139' post='1610628' date='Jul 28 2008, 02:34 PM']What I mean is, it is a mortal sin in the eyes of the church.

Yes, you are right, I guess I was typing too fast, but one who does not know it is a mortal sin, and are told it is a mortal sin, need to leave the situation after they are told it is a sin. Therefore, they are not ignorant of it anymore.

But, it should still be confessed...even if they did not know if it is a mortal sin or not.[/quote]
I think you mean it's a [b]grave[/b] sin in the eyes of the Church. ;)

Archaeology cat

[quote name='StColette' post='1610742' date='Jul 28 2008, 08:31 PM']lol Getting married right before or right after Christmas is insane! *thus says the person who got married 3 days after Christmas*[/quote]
Yes it is! But I loved getting married then, as well. It was nice having the Advent wreath and creche right there. :)